- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
Don’t miss your chance to see this rare event!
Depart from the Waikoloa Blue Hawaiian Helicopter heliport and head out to the site of the world’s largest active volcano. Dormant since 1984, Mauna Loa began erupting fountains of glowing rock and lava on November 27th. See the magnitude of Pele, the Hawaiian volcano deity with the latest fissure openings and lava flows.
- Lava Flows
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday) – Until December 31, 2022
- Tour Times: 8:00 AM, 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM, 3:00 PM
- Duration: 60-65 Minutes (approx)
- Wear solid dark-colored clothing. Our helicopters are temperature-controlled so dress comfortably but wear dark clothing. This will cause less reflection in the windows to allow a clear view of all the sights.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, taking a precautionary anti-motion sickness medication is a good idea. However, our flights are very smooth and turns are slow and gentle.
- Bring your camera or cell phone (on airplane mode) to take photos and video of your tour.
- Hats are not allowed to be worn around the helicopters as they can fly up into the rotors and damage the aircraft. We will be happy to hold any hats for you until you return from your tour.
- Do not go SCUBA diving within 24 hours or SNUBA 12 hours prior to your tour. You may snorkel or swim prior to your tour and there is no risk in SCUBA or SNUBA after your helicopter tour.
- FAA regulations require us to weigh all guests and bags at check-in. We do this discreetly for your privacy. Please be accurate as possible when providing weight information.
- For each guest weighing more than 240 pounds, an adjacent empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off of the regular tour price. This open seat ensures the comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight.
- Front Row Seating Policy: Combined front row seat weight must be under 470 lbs for Eco-Star tours and individual passenger weights must be under 240 lbs. Should actual weights during check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and a refund will be made for the premium upgrade fee. Front row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. At least one of the front seat occupants must be 15 years of age or older and capable of performing emergency aircraft egress procedures. Lap children cannot be accommodated in the front row. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors.
- Seating for parties of more than 6, or weighing a combined 1,000lbs, will be seated across multiple aircrafts.
- Our chair lifts are able to accommodate passengers up to 250 lbs. and are only able to access the rear row of seats therefore guests requiring a chair lift to board the helicopter cannot be accommodated in the front row.
- Late arrivals will be considered as a no-show.
Location: Waikoloa Heliport
Address: 68-690 Waikoloa Rd, Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/5rwjiRuTRixfUi488
Parking: Free parking available at the Waikoloa Heliport.
Check-in: Please check-in 1 hour prior to your tour.
- Lava sightings are subject to change and not guaranteed. All tours are subject to weather.
- Traffic is unpredictable in the Islands. Please allow for ample travel time in case of traffic delays.