UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Wednesday and Friday
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM
- Duration: 3 Hours
UPGRADE to an affordable Private Tour and experience a Kohala Canopy Zipline Adventure exclusively with your family or small group.
Join us for a canopy experience like no other. Perched amongst the trees of Halawa Gulch, Kohala Zipline’s Kohala Canopy Adventure features elevated suspension bridges, soaring tree platforms, and thrilling ziplines. From the moment you enter the aerial trekking course, you’ll be enthralled by the magic of Kohala. Whether you are a real zipline enthusiast or a first-time adventure seeker, you’ll find that Kohala Zipline provides a canopy experience that is unparalleled on the Big Island.
Experience the only full canopy tour on the island of Hawaii, featuring 8 lines, 6 sky bridges, and a rappel. Designed and built within a towering forest on a private nature reserve, this elevated adventure is perfect for all – whether you’re a beginner or seasoned expert. Our certified zipline guides promise both safety and comfort while sharing their expanded knowledge of the area’s natural and cultural history.
- Exclusive experience with your family or small group.
- Zip, trek & rappel through a sustainably built aerial trekking course.
- Experience the thrill of flying from tree to tree and reaching speeds up to 45 MPH while taking in the beauty of the forest canopy
- Tree to Tree zipping means no walking up and downstairs in between every zip.
- Enjoy majestic views of the Kohala Coast, Maui, and ancient Hawaiian agriculture systems
- Take a fun off-road drive in one of to the top of our course. Enjoy a complimentary treat of trail bars, and fruit snacks.
- We comply with the highest level of safety standards set by the industry’s internationally recognized governing body; Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
- Capture the fun with a GoPro camera rental or have your guide take photos for you with our photosystem designed specifically for ziplines.
- 8-Line Zipline Canopy Tour
- 2 certified canopy guides on every tour
- Rated Easy to Moderate
- Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours, start to finish
- Rainwear, water, snack, and all safety gear
- Please bring a light-weight long-sleeve shirt, a light sweatshirt, or jacket, since we are high up in a forest, where the weather can change quickly.
- If you have long hair, tie it in a ponytail, don’t wear loose or dangling jewelry, and secure your sunglasses with a strap.
Requirements & Restrictions:
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on tour
- Weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighed at check-in. Anyone who does not weigh between 70 and 270 Lbs will not be allowed to zip and will not be refunded.
- Minimum 4 participants, Maximum of 8 participants.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs.
- This tour is not for expectant mothers or persons who have undergone recent surgery or injuries
- Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes and Pants, capris, or knee length shorts. No Tank tops, Short-shorts, or any clothing that may allow direct skin contact with the harness.
- All participants must complete waivers prior to participation.
Location: Kohala Zipline*
Address: 55-515 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/owMQsSqPqwr7WCzW9
*Driving time is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from Kona and 35 minutes from South Kohala resorts.
Please check in 30 minutes prior to tour time.