- Hawaii Activities Combo Packages
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Island Hopping Day Tours
- Oahu Island Hopping Tours
- Oahu Tours & Activities
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Tour Time: 5:30 AM
- Duration: 15 Hours 30 Minutes
Fly from Oahu to Hilo, on this Hawai‘i Island Helicopter Tour and discover the source of Hawaii Island’s creation at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park! Explore cascading waterfalls, craters, and the tsunami-stricken city of Hilo on this comprehensive volcano adventure tour. Bear witness to the 2018 eruption that drastically altered the island’s landscape. Peer into the depths of Halemaumau Crater which has remarkably doubled in size and watch steam clouds form as ground water seeps onto hot volcanic rock at the famous Steam Vents.
Enjoy an included picnic lunch. Marvel at a spectacular Rainbow Falls. Gaze at sweeping coastal views at Kealakomo Overlook where older lava flows melted into the ocean. Drive down scenic Chain of Craters Road.
- Akaka Falls *
- Rainbow Falls *
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Picnic Lunch from Millie’s Deli (enjoyed at VNP)*
- Halema’uma’u Crater *
- Thurston Lava Tube *
- Steam Vents *
- Chain of Craters Road
- Kealakomo Overlook
- Hilo Town
- Banyan Drive
- Liliuokalani Park and Gardens
*Denotes tour stops
Please Note: Guests will see waterfalls and beaches from the air. Their sightseeing tour begins at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Guests are advised to NOT bring large or heavy bags on the flight.
- For best picture-taking and views during the helicopter ride, wear darker colors to reduce window reflection.
- In order to be in compliance with FAA regulations, we require the full names of all persons on tour with air transportation. International visitors must have a valid passport to fly interisland on these tours and all U.S. citizens must have a current government ID. This name must be exactly as it appears on your valid, government-issued photo identification. Air carriers will deny boarding if the passenger name, as shown does not match name on air ticket. If a passenger is denied boarding due to non-compliance with this requirement there will be no refund.
- All passengers will be weighed during check-in at the heliport, in compliance with FAA requirements which ensures the accurate aircraft weight and balance. Passengers over 250 pounds will be allotted two seats and will be responsible for the additional cost of 50% for a second seat. This open seat ensures comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight. Amount due for an extra seat will be confirmed at booking.
- In the event the helicopter tour must be canceled for any reason, guests will be refunded for the helicopter tour and welcomed on an extended sightseeing land tour which includes a drive-through of Hilo town and a stop at Akaka Falls. If guests wish to return to Honolulu earlier than their scheduled flight and/or decide not to continue on the land tour, a refund of the helicopter portion (only) will be provided and additional taxi, airline change fees, or other expenses will be the responsibility of the guest.
- The guest is responsible for transportation to and from the airport on their departure island.
- There is no Polynesian Adventure representative at the airport of your departure island. Please proceed to check-in and board your flight. You will meet your tour guide at your destination.
Upon arrival to the destination, please exit baggage and meet the Polynesian Adventure vehicle in the Tour Bus pick area.
Location: HONOLULU AIRPORT (DEPARTURES), Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter.
Address: 300 Rodgers Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96819
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/19bU9sSmU7JjFj6e8
- Please proceed to the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter to check in for your flight to Hilo. Check-in at 5:30 AM at the Honolulu Airport (Hawaiian Airlines counter). The approximate return from Hilo to Oahu is about 9:00 PM.
- Volcanic activity changes hourly, viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.
- Flight confirmation will be emailed to you approx 1 week before your departure date.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 72 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- The itinerary itself and order is subject to change based on current traffic and weather conditions.
There is a NO CANCELLATION & NO REFUND on all ONE-DAY FLYAWAY Tours. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.