UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Starting 08/02/2021 – Wednesday and Friday
- Tour Time: 5:30 AM
- Duration: 15 Hours 30 Minutes
Fly from Oahu to Hilo for a volcano adventure where you’ll view dormant and active volcanoes, craters, steam vents and miles of lava beds! You’ll enjoy live narration by your expert driver guide on the land tour portion. The recently updated itinerary includes a visit to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a breakfast buffet (on your own) at the historic Volcano House Restaurant; offering local and traditional cuisine and a visit to the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory. After your helicopter tour, rejoin the land tour and experience Rainbow Falls where rainbows magically form in the mist and a drive through Hilo Town and famous Banyan Drive.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* – breakfast buffet (on own)
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook* – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook* – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Thurston Lava Tube*
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory* (brief stop, option to purchase snacks)
- Helicopter Tour* | 3:30 / 4:00 PM departure
- 45-minute tour
- Aerial views of the remarkable recent transformation of Kilauea
- Cascading waterfalls
- Largest rainforest in the United States
- Rainbow Falls* – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Hilo Town
- Banyan Drive
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Return from Hilo, Hawaii to Oahu
*Denotes tour stops
- Guests are advised to NOT bring large or heavy bags on the flight.
- For best picture-taking and views during the helicopter ride, wear darker colors to reduce window reflection.
- To meet aviation security requirements, a guest’s name, birth date, and gender are required when booking reservations. Names must exactly match the name and birth date on government-issued photo ID and/or passport for airline check-in.
- Passengers must clear TSA at the Honolulu Airport, so please bring a passport or your government-issued photo ID.
- All passengers will be weighed during check-in at the heliport, in compliance with FAA requirements which ensures the accurate aircraft weight and balance. Passengers over 250 pounds will be allotted two seats and will be responsible for the additional cost of 50% for a second seat. This open seat ensures comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight. Amount due for an extra seat will be confirmed at booking.
- In the event the helicopter tour must be canceled for any reason, guests will be refunded for the helicopter tour and welcomed on an extended sightseeing land tour which includes a drive-through of Hilo town and a stop at Akaka Falls. If guests wish to return to Honolulu earlier than their scheduled flight and/or decide not to continue on the land tour, a refund of the helicopter portion (only) will be provided and additional taxi, airline change fees, or other expenses will be the responsibility of the guest.
Location: HONOLULU AIRPORT TERMINAL 1, LOBBY 3 (DEPARTURES), Hawaiian Airlines
Address: 300 Rodgers Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96819
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/19bU9sSmU7JjFj6e8
- Please meet us at the Honolulu International Airport Terminal 1, 2nd level, at the Hawaiian Airlines departure lobby 3. Our representative will be on-site to give you instructions and boarding passes. Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled meeting time and allow a 15-minute window for our representative to arrive.
- Volcanic activity changes hourly, viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 72 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
There is a NO CANCELLATION & NO REFUND on all ONE-DAY FLYAWAY Tours. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.