UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday and Friday
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM
- Duration: 4 Hours
Scotch Mist Sailing Charters offers a fun and exciting morning snorkel sail from Lahaina Harbor. Maui is quite possibly the perfect location for sailing and snorkeling due to its pristine crystal clear water, abundance of marine life, and gentle trade winds. Join us on our 50’ Santa Cruz sailing yacht for a thrilling 4 hour adventure. Our knowledgeable captain and crew will guide you to the best snorkeling spots on the West Maui Coast and will choose the perfect location for the day depending upon prevailing conditions.
You get to experience an up close encounter with the protected Hawaiian giant green sea turtles that populate this stunning natural reef. There is such a wide diversity of sea life on Maui’s many coral reefs that you are sure to have a great time.
During Whale Season which runs from mid-December through early-April. Our Morning Snorkel Sail has the possibility of whale sightings, especially during January and February. We sail among the majestic Humpback Whales who migrate to Maui waters and inhabit the Lahaina Roadstead for several months to mate and give birth to calves.
As many as 250 species of colorful tropical fish and marine animals inhabit the waters of Maui, and the pristine coral reefs are an absolute feast for the eyes. Sightings include butterfly fish, trumpet fish, parrot fish, rays, dolphins, turtles, damsel fish, wrasses, tangs and so many more. Our knowledgeable captain and crew are excellent nature guides as they take you into Maui’s magical undersea world. Maui Dolphin Sailing
Enjoy a complimentary beverage – white wine, local beer, sodas, and juices – and then homemade breads and treats are served as we sail along Maui’s scenic coastline. Relax, soak up the sun and enjoy the thrill of sailing on a world-class mono hull sailing yacht. All snorkel gear and expert instruction is included in the trip. After your snorkel excursion, lunch is served including turkey (or veggie) wrap, tropical fruit trays, potato chips and cookies (Note* – Alcoholic beverages are served only after snorkeling and swimming.)
What to bring:
- Sunscreen (non-spray)
- Towel and Adventurous spirit!
- Minimum age is 5 years old. (For private charters, all ages welcome.)
- Not recommended for pregnant persons, persons having recent back/neck surgeries, or major injuries/issues.
- Guests are solely responsible for their possessions including clothing, hats, cameras, cell phones, and other electronics. Dry storage bags are not available; however small disposable trash bags are available upon request. Please remember, we are a sailing vessel on the water and in the elements, and dress appropriately.
- Weather, seas, and wind conditions permitting; any snorkel site is Captain’s choice for visibility and safety.
- Be aware there is No Smoking permitted onboard the boat, or at the dock per State law.
Location: Scotch Mist Sailing Charters
Address: 675 Wharf Street Slip #2, Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/HfYiaAQnp9kocMdr9
There are several free and paid parking lots throughout Lahaina Town. Allow yourself plenty of time to find parking.
Please check-in 15 minutes before your departure time.
- Turkey (or veggie) wrap
- Tropical fruit trays
- Potato chips and cookies
- White wine*
- Local beer*
Note* – Alcoholic beverages are served only after snorkeling and swimming.