Family Surf Lessons!
Mom and Dad you’ll have nothing on the kids here – they are likely to be giving YOU pointers!
Our surf lessons are at Kalama Park in Kihei (South Maui). We love this surf spot for its gentle rolling waves, large surf area and a foot-friendly bottom. South Maui is also famous for its non-stop sunshine, beautiful sandy beaches and its hang loose vibe. If you have family members that do not want to have a lesson, Kalama Park is a large recreational park with shade trees, excellent viewing areas, cafes, coffee shops and shopping across the street.
On the day of your Maui Surf lesson we meet at Kalama Park about 15-30 minutes before your scheduled lesson time. We recommend putting sunscreen on 30 minutes ahead of time. Upon arrival we’ll have you put on a rash guard and some booties. We’ll make sure we have the right size board for your dimensions (size and weight) and you are comfortable. Next is a thorough and fun beach instruction by one of our friendly guides covering the “How to’s”, the “How not to’s”, as well as the “How the heck do you do that” of surfing. Launch your board and paddle out with one of our experienced instructors and It’s all about surfing from here on.
At the end, paddle in, retire your rash guard and booties in exchange for some refreshments and snacks. At this point we promise that you’ll be hooked on surfing, maybe you’ll wanna come out again or rent a board and have some fun on your own.
Kalama Beach Park on Maui’s South Shore is a large park blanketed in warm sunshine most days of the year. There is an oceanside grassy area with shade trees for family members to watch, and the area is ideal for learning to surf and paddleboard.
- Days: Monday through Saturday
- Tour Times: 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours
- We recommend you come wearing a swimsuit and sandals (flip-flops are fine).
- Additionally, please bring a bottle of water, towel, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Optional items you may choose to bring include a hat and a disposable underwater camera.
- Age requirements:
- Group surf students must be 9+ years old.
- Semi private surf students 5+ years old.
- Private students must be 5+ years old.
- A minimum of 2 participants is required to book a group or semi-private lesson.
Location: Kalama Beach Park
Address: 1965 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/e8eQESiyJso
Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled lesson time.