UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time: 9:15 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:00 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour
On our aerial photography tour, you decide where to fly!
Choose your own highlights and concentrate the tour on areas of special importance to you. If you would like complete freedom to take incredible photos up close, this is the tour for you. Whether you’re an amateur photographer or a pro, you’re sure to bring home stunning shots of the island.
Our private photography helicopter tours of Kauai are for parties of one to two passengers with a minimum flight time of one hour. Capture breathtaking photos of the best sights on Kauai!
Photography Tour Highlights:
- Fully customized helicopter photography flight
- You decide where to fly, choosing your own highlights. Concentrate on the areas that are most important to you!
- The photography flight gives you complete freedom for incredible photo opportunities, including close-up shots!
- On a doors-on flight, we recommend that you wear dark outer layers to minimize reflection in the windows during photography. Because you are not exposed to the elements, whatever clothing you are comfortable with at sea level is adequate for your flight.
- An open-door experience is exciting and fun and we want you to enjoy your flight without being distracted by wind or chill. A warm outer layer that you can zip up, such as a windproof jacket, is ideal.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, we do recommend that you prepare with oral motion‐sickness medication so you can enjoy your flight, free from worry. Please request an “Aloha Bag” from our pilot prior to takeoff or during the flight.
- Minimum 2 passengers/ Maximum 3 Passengers (Single passengers are subject to cost of 2 passengers)
- Max passenger weight of 275 lbs. Seat assignments may be subject to weight and balance restrictions of the aircraft.
- For groups of 3 passengers, no more than one person can be 200+ lbs
- Weights will be taken at the time of check-in with all items going on the helicopter with you. Due to legal and safety reasons, if weights taken are over the restriction we will not be able to accommodate the tour and you are still responsible for the full cost.
- Minimum age is 7 years old for a doors-on tour and 12 years old for doors-off
- All passengers must check-in with a valid photo ID
- Helicopters hold up to 3 passengers, reservations of 4 or more will be split between helicopters.
- We strongly advise against wind-susceptible clothing such as dresses and hooded items. In winter, long pants are highly recommended.
- To keep you and your belongings safe, we cannot permit any loose objects on your doors-off flight. This includes hats, visors, scarves, hair clips, and strapless sandals.
- Eyeglasses are permissible. Hair that is long enough should be tied tightly with an elastic band. Any equipment must be secured to you via a strap.
- Routes or flight times may vary due to weather conditions. Mauna Loa Helicopters reserves the right to cancel any tour due to unsafe weather. If cancellation due to weather occurs prior to the flight, any money collected will be refunded. If the flight has begun and must be canceled due to weather within 10 minutes of takeoff, the tour price will be refunded in full. If the flight has exceeded 10 minutes, the passengers will be refunded for the percentage of the flight that did not take place.
- Customers who are sick inside the helicopter during flight will be charged a $100 cleaning fee.
- Please note that all body parts must remain inside the helicopter for the duration of the tour. We do not allow “foot selfies” or similar on our tours for safety reasons.
- Passengers who miss their scheduled flight time due to a late check-in will be charged a fee of $100 if they are able to reschedule.
Location: Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours at The Harbor Mall*
Address: 3501 Rice St, Suite 1008, Lihue, HI 96766
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/fupHB6oig6DwLBNe9
*Do not report to the Airport
Check-in: All passengers must check-in with a valid photo ID no less than 45 minutes prior to their scheduled flight time.
Please arrive 45 minutes prior to your tour time.