UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times:
- April 15 – September 15: 5:00 PM
- September 16 – April 14: 4:30 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours
One of the best experiences on Maui is our 2-hour Champagne Sunset Sail with beautiful vistas of the West Maui Mountains, Lahaina Town from the water and sunset vistas over the Island of Lanai. Enjoy bubbly champagne and chocolates together with our other complimentary beverages – white wine, local beer, sodas and juices – before you dine and party the evening away in Lahaina Town.
Sailing on the Scotch Mist yacht is an exhilarating experience with a full main sail and billowing jib as we travel where the wind may take us. Our sailing yacht is only for 22 passengers so we have intimate groups that make new friends on their sailing adventure. Cameras are a must for photos with your companions, new friends and the colorful skies and fantastic sunsets. Your captain and crew are experienced mariners that enjoy being on the water as much as our guests and are lucky enough to do it nearly every day of the year.
During Whale Season which runs from mid-December through early-April. Our Champagne Sunset Sail has the possibility of whale sightings, especially during January and February. We sail among the majestic Humpback Whales who migrate to Maui waters and inhabit the Lahaina Roadstead for several months to mate and give birth to calves.
The Scotch Mist quietly sails amongst these leviathans who range 40 to 60 feet in length and can weigh in excess of 40 tons and come close enough to our sailing yacht to have our guests look “Eye-to-Eye” with them during “Up Close and Personal Encounters”. The Champagne Sunset Sail is a special excursion combining a little bit of luxury relaxation – champagne, white wine and chocolates – with the possibility of sighting the natural wonders of our Humpback Whales. Personal service is our trademark and tradition. Come join us and sail away!!
- Minimun Age 13 years and older.
- Not recommended for pregnant persons, persons having recent back/neck surgeries or major injuries/issues.
- Guests are solely responsible for their possessions including clothing, hats, cameras, cell phones, and other electronics. Dry storage bags are not available; however small disposable trash bags are available upon request. Please remember, we are a sailing vessel on the water and in the elements and dress appropriately.
- Weather, seas, and wind conditions permitting; any snorkel site is Captain’s choice for visibility and safety.
- Be aware there is No Smoking permitted on board the boat, or at the dock per State law.
Location: Scotch Mist Sailing Charters
Address: 675 Wharf Street Slip #2, Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/HfYiaAQnp9kocMdr9
There are several free and paid parking lots throughout Lahaina Town. Allow yourself plenty of time to find parking.
Please check in 15 minutes before your departure time.