UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Closed Saturday and Sunday)
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM, 1:00 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours
FLY ABOVE THE KAUAI RAINFOREST!
Imagine the thrill of soaring like a bird over a pristine rainforest… With Kaua’i Backcountry Adventures, you can “get high” on this exhilarating experience! Fly across seven ziplines that descend a stunning mountainside. Feel the rush as you glide over lush tropical forests and deep valleys below. With exclusive access to over 17,000 acres of former plantation lands, we offer you a truly unique zipline experience.
Your adventure begins with a fun, informative, scenic ride in our four-wheel-drive vehicle. Along the way, your certified guide shares interesting information on island history, culture, flora, and fauna. When you arrive at the first zipline, you receive a thorough briefing, preparing you to soar over tropical forests, streams, and jungles rich with magnificent scenery! Zoom down the mountainside, sailing along on a series of seven ziplines, as you make your way to the valley floor below.
End your zip with snacks in a bamboo grove and a refreshing swim. Relax, bask in the sun, or just soak in our natural swimming pool. Take one last dip in the water before heading back to home base! This is truly an incredible journey that leaves you with vacation memories to last a lifetime.
- Snack and water
What to Bring:
- Knee-length shorts, capri pants, or long pants
- Close Toed, Hard Toed, Secure shoes (tennis shoes or hiking boots: NO water shoes or five-finger shoes)
- Wear a swimsuit beneath your clothes (optional swimming hole)
- Bring a towel
- Bring sunscreen and bug repellent
- Hair ties to secure long hair
- Minimum Age is 12 years or older.
- Weight Limit: 100-250 pounds*.
- Children 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All minors must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver.
- Not recommended for those uncomfortable with heights.
- Not recommended for those with back, hip, or knee problems.
- Women in the first trimester of pregnancy may participate with written physician approval.
- Kauai Backcountry Adventures reserves the right to refuse service due to safety and/or health conditions.
- Ziplining adventure activities and weather conditions may vary. All tours are subject to change or cancellation due to weather conditions
*All guests will weigh in at check-in. Those outside the 100-250 pound range will not be able to participate and will be responsible for the full tour fare.
Location: Kauai Backcountry Adventures
Address: 3-4131 Kuhio Hwy, Lihue, HI 96766
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/SFLY8BVDJVX33bng7
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.