UPDATED 2022: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday) (December-April 14)
- Tour Time: 8:30 AM
- Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Approximately 10,000 humpback whales migrate to Hawaii from Alaska each year!
Whales and You gives you the opportunity to see our planet’s most majestic creatures in person.
Off the Gold Coast of Oahu, whales and dolphins are plentiful. You may be lucky enough to view both!
- Light food (muffins, pastries) and drinks (coffee, canned juice)
- Cultural Experience (E Ho Mai Chant)
- Entertainment – hula dancing
- Commentary written by qualified naturalist
- Guaranteed Whale Sightings (guests will be invited to come back on another tour at no cost if there were no whales spotted during tour – space permitting)
- Bring a light jacket for a cool ocean breeze.
- Bring a Camera / smartphone
- Guests are encouraged to come in easily removable shoes / sandals.
- Motion Sickness medicine – recommended to be taken 30 min prior to boarding.
- Minimum Age is 2 years and older
- No swimming or diving.
- Minimum 10 guests required for the tour to take place.
- Tours may change/cancel due to unexpected weather or other circumstances.
Location: Kewalo Basin Boat Harbor, Pier D, Gate111
Address: 1125 Ala Moana Blvd B1, Honolulu, HI 96814
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/T5s7dTEzx8WV63yk7
Check-in: Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
You will be asked to remove your shoes before boarding the boat. This is for your safety. We will have storage for you to place them in during your time onboard.
- 8:15 – 8:30 AM – Arrive at Kewalo Boat Harbor
You’ll meet us at the Kewalo Boat Harbor not far from Ala Moana Beach Park.
This glamorous new vessel has two decks, mood lighting, surround sound, a Titanic-style bow, and a bathroom on board.
- 8:30 AM – Board the Ariya II
Our new ship, the Ariya II, has two decks, a state-of-the-art sound system and a titanic-style front railing for your comfortable viewing of Hawaii’s wild humpback whales!
Our “locally grown” crew members will get the party started! They’ll inform you how to stay safe on the boat
- 9:00 AM – “E Ho Mai” Ceremony
We will begin our boat ride by reciting a Hawaiian chant – a prayer to the gods of the sea for a safe trip with plentiful whale encounters.
Shortly after, pastries and morning beverages will be made available for guests to enjoy.
- 9:30 – 10:00 AM – Watch Humpback Whales in the Wild!
We will cruise around the iconic Diamond Head monument in search of humpback whales. Keep an eye out for their tails, fins and blows of water.
Seeing whales up close will be an experience you will never forget!
- 9:30 – 10:00 AM – Listen to Whale Songs
If the whales we encounter are close enough, our crew will drop in our special underwater hydrophone microphone.
Listen as the microphone broadcasts whale songs over our state-of-the-art sound system!
- 10:30 AM – Whale Information
As we begin to encounter humpback whales, our crew will share information about local sea life, along with interesting information you might not know about humpback whales!
- 10:45 AM – Hula Entertainment
As we head back to the harbor, sit back, relax, and enjoy the crew’s Hula Show.
At the end, please join us as we dance together to spread Aloha and give thanks.
- 11:00 AM – “A Hui Ho”! Until We Meet Again!
Thank you for joining us today on a fun-filled adventure on the ocean! Please don’t forget about all the dolphins and sea creatures you’ve met on this adventure!
And of course, our friendly crew! Check us out on social media sites, too!