UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday (Closed on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Tour Times: 4:45 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours 15 Minutes
An Interactive Hawaii Luau Show On The Shores Of Kailua Bay
Beating drums beckon you to the ocean’s edge. Voyagers of the Pacific oceanfront luau is a sensory feast of Polynesian rituals that tell the story of an ancient culture. Our sumptuous all-you-care-to-eat dinner with a full bar is a bounty to feast. Then, as drumbeats build, a dramatic song and dance show unfold on stage, culminating in the Samoan fire knife dance finale – the most dangerous dance in all of Polynesia.
- Prime Oceanfront seating overlooking Kailua Bay
- Aloha shell lei welcome
- Photo opportunities
- Arts & Craft Demonstrations
- Learn to hula with a group lesson
- Delicious all-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian Luau buffet with traditional island fare and local specialties
- Complimentary Mai Tais, standard cocktails, beer, wine, and non-alcoholic offerings
- Imu ceremony to unearth the Kalua Pua’a (roast pig) from the in-ground oven*
- Dynamic and Lyrical Polynesian Revue with Dance, Song, and Live Music!
- Samoan Fire Knife Dance Finale (Siva Afi)!
*Currently the traditional Imu Ceremony is not visible to the public as to comply with health standards.
- We suggest you dress comfortably and wear closed-toe walking shoes.
- During the summer months, wear light clothing, but be aware that the temperature may drop slightly after the sun goes down. Bring sunscreen, a light sweater, sunglasses, and a hat.
- During the winter months, we suggest long pants and long-sleeved shirts. You may also want to bring a sweater or light jacket with you as well.
Location: Royal Kona Resort
Address: 75-5852 Ali‘i Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://g.page/royal-kona-resort?share
Parking: Parking is available at the Royal Kona Resort for just $5 per vehicle.
- Please check in 15 minutes prior to the activity.
- All guests who wish to consume an alcoholic beverage at the Voyagers of the Pacific Luau must be 21 years of age or older and present a valid form of identification.
- Please let us know if you have any special requests at least 48 hours in advance so we may assist you accordingly.
- Mixed Green Salad, Assorted Dressings (All Dressings are GF), (V)
- Sweet Potato-Macaroni Salad (Contains Gluten, Contains Egg), (DF)
- Waipio Valley Poi (GF), (V), (DF)
- Local Pineapple (GF), (V)
- Coconut Rolls (Contains Dairy, Contains Gluten)
- Teriyaki Beef (GF – Contains GF Soy Sauce)
- Kalua Pork & Cabbage (GF)
- Steamed Fresh Island Fish (GF – Contains GF Soy Sauce)
- Stir Fry Vegetables (GF), (V), (DF)
- Steamed White Rice (GF), (V), (DF)
- Hawaiian Haupia Pudding (GF, Not Dairy Free)
- Coconut Cake (Contains Dairy, Contains Gluten)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Vegan)
FROM THE BAR
- Mai Tai
- Standard Well Drinks
- Domestic Beer
- Coffee and Tea
- Selection of Sodas
- Fruit Punch
GLUTEN-FREE (GF) | VEGAN (V)
Note: Menu items subject to change without notice. We can prepare a special dinner entree plate to meet vegan/gluten dietary needs.
Please call us at least 48 hours in advance to make special arrangements.
- 4:45 PM – Check-in/Shell Lei Greeting
- 5:00-7:00 PM – Open Bar
- 5:15 PM – Live Music/ Arts & Crafts Demonstrations
- 5:55 PM – Torch Lighting
- 6:15 PM – Dinner/Live Music
- 7:10 PM – Luau Spectacular Show
- 8:00 PM – Show Ends