UPDATED 2022: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Closed Saturday and Sunday)
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM, 1:00 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Get down and dirty on a thrilling, fun-filled adventure for the whole family to enjoy! Take in a full tour of Umauma’s beautiful views on our all-terrain vehicles.
Hawaii Island’s best zipline has added another thrilling, fun-filled adventure for the whole family to enjoy. Take in the beautiful views of Umauma and the Hamakua Coast that you can only experience while riding one of our many all-terrain vehicles. Choose between our automatic, 4×4 ATVs or our Side x Side UTVs (2 & 4-seat). Get down and dirty as our trained guides lead you along our course with stunning panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, breathtaking stops to view the Umauma River and Waterfall, and a journey through a Hawaiian guava grove.
There is no better way to enjoy miles and miles of mud-throwing excitement than our Deluxe ATV Tour. This tour takes you along a private, 5.5-mile course, with plenty of opportunities to take photos of our beautiful waterfalls and tropical scenery, as well as a break at our private waterfall and pond where a light local snack is provided. Feel free to take a dip and cool off! All of our tours end at “The Pit” where we allow you and your crew, as well as all the new friends you made as you rode along together, to enjoy a fun group ride around the mound before returning to base. If you’re searching for your next adrenaline-filled adventure during your stay in Hawaii, check out The Umauma Experience. You’ll be sure to have an experience of a lifetime.
- 5.5 mile Private Course
- 4×4 ATVs or Side x Side UTVs (2-seat or 4-seat)
- Ride-along Guide Driven option
- Photo opportunities of our beautiful waterfalls and tropical scenery
- Includes a break at our private waterfall and pond where a light local snack is provided, as well as the option to cool off and take a quick dip (30 minutes)
- Great for all skill levels! Fun practice course to familiarize riders with ATV operation
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Wear layers and comfortable clothing. Long pants, long sleeves, and a jacket are highly recommended.
- There is always the possibility of getting dusty, dirty, wet, or muddy when ATVing. Wear clothes that can get dirty.
- Backpacks may be worn on the Single Driver ATVs or stored in the back of the Side by Side ATVs.
- To drive the Single Driver ATVs, you must be 18 years old or 16 years old and have parental permission. To drive the Side by Side ATVs, you must be 21 years old or 18 years old and have parental permission.
- All drivers must have and show a valid Driver’s License. A Driver’s Permit is not a valid Driver’s License.
- Anyone under 16 years old, or anyone without a valid Driver’s License will be restricted to a passenger seat on a Side by Side ATV.
- Passenger in Guide driven Ride-Along must be 12 years old and up with parent/guardian on tour.
- Minimum age for a passenger is 4 years old.
- Weight limits: For drivers: 350 lbs. – For Passengers: 250 lbs.
- ATV tours are not recommended for anyone with neck or back issues or for women who are pregnant. Consult a doctor before booking a tour.
- Close-toed shoes (boots or sneakers) are mandatory. Flip-flops, sandals, or open-toed shoes of any kind are not allowed.
- We will provide a helmet and eye wear for safety. Helmets are required by law. Eye protection, either our goggles or your sunglasses or glasses, is mandatory.
- We do not allow pets to accompany you on the ATV ride.
- ATV Tours operate rain or shine. In case of thunder, lightning, or strong winds, tours may be canceled.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
Location: The Umauma Experience
Address: 31-313 Old Mamalahoa Hwy,Hakalau, HI 96710
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/FNDHBXHPCVbsv87d6
Please check-in 45 minutes prior to your tour time.