Travel through history as you visit Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial with a stop at the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum. We wrap up this sightseeing tour with a drive-through of Punchbowl National Cemetery and historic Downtown Honolulu. Roundtrip Waikiki hotel transportation and expert narration all included on this tour.
- Explore the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum
- Visit the Arizona Memorial Visitor Center (Important Notice: Access To Arizona Memorial Closed Until Further Notice**)
- Board a Navy vessel to the Arizona Memorial
- Watch a film of the 1941 Pearl Harbor attack
- Drive through Punchbowl National Cemetery
- Drive through historic Downtown Honolulu and view:
- ‘Iolani Palace
- Kawaiahao Church
- Mission Houses Museum
- King Kamehameha Statue
You’ll have a chance to browse through informative displays and view historic artifacts while learning more about that historic day. View a film documenting that fateful day in 1941 that changed the course of US history.
Then board the US Navy launch for a short ride to the Arizona Memorial, built over the wreckage of the USS Arizona. This beautiful reminder of the heroes of that day will leave you with overwhelming emotions; locate the “black tears”, the oil that still leaks to the surface even today.
From the memorial, enjoy a visit to the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum. This family-friendly venue is located in a 1930’s era hanger on Ford Island and presents classic and rare WWII American and Japanese airplanes. Begin your Hawaiian aerial adventure in the Control Tower, then move on to Hangar 37 to watch a film of the December 7, 1941 attack with some original still photography.
Explore the exhibit area and experience history through dioramas with aircraft and artifacts from the Pacific Theater from WWII. Visit Hangar 79 where you will clearly see the scars of war; shrapnel marks on concrete walls and bullet holes on the hangar doors from the Japanese strafing runs.
As you travel back to Waikiki in comfort and style, drive through the Punchbowl National Cemetery, located in the middle of Puawaina Crater (an extinct volcano). This was the site of many secret royal (Ali’i) burials. Drive through historic Downtown Honolulu with expert narration provided; this Hawaii sightseeing tour has something for the entire family!
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday (Closed Saturday)
- Tour Time: 6:30 AM
- Duration: 9 Hours
- You should bring items that allow you to be comfortable.
- You should wear sunscreen and bring a camera. Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
- The US Department of the Interior has declared a, “no bags” policy at the Arizona Memorial and Visitor Center. Passengers may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc. Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets.
- Please do not leave any valuables on the coach.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas, New Year’s Day or Thanksgiving.
** Arizona Memorial Notice
The USS Arizona Memorial is currently closed for repairs. But don’t worry the Memorial’s programs will proceed on schedule with visitors continuing to see the Pearl Harbor film before embarking on a harbor tour of Battleship Row (in close proximity to the USS Arizona Memorial.)