For those hoping to be swept away by Kauai’s stunning scenery, this picturesque adventure is just for you. The Kauai day tour takes you to some of the Garden Isle’s most spectacular destinations.
The day begins with a drive past the uncanny likeness of Britain’s Queen Victoria etched on the Haupu Mountain range, then continues through a remarkable tunnel of 500 eucalyptus trees towering more than 100 feet.
After a drive through Koloa Town, you will head to the Spouting Horn – one of the island’s most photographed spots where ocean water erupts through underground lava tubes. Then it’s time to see the 3,000-foot deep Waimea Canyon, often described as ‘The Grand Canyon of the Pacific.’ With its vibrant red soil and amazing greenery, it definitely is one of the most spectacular sights on the island.
Other stops include the Opaekaa Falls Lookout and Fern Grotto, a gorgeous tropical grotto rainforest once reserved for Hawaiian royalty. The tour ends on the Wailua River, where you will take a relaxing Wailua river boat cruise surrounded by lush jungle landscapes.
Tour Overview (* denotes stops made):
- Tunnel of Trees -Over a century ago, 500 eucalyptus trees were planted here. Today, they tower more than 100 feet and make a spectacular entry to Koloa.
- Koloa Town -Holds the rich history of Hawaii’s sugar plantation days.
- Spouting Horn* -One of the most photographed spots on Kauai with ocean water spraying like a geyser up to 50 feet in the air.
- Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historical Park -The last Russian fort in the Hawaiian Islands.
- Captain Cook’s Landing -Where the British discover Captain James Cook first landed and discovered Hawaii.
- Waimea Canyon* – Known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, it was carved out by the Waimea River and the collapse of a volcano.
- Holo Holo Ku Heiau – A sacrificial stone foundation.
- Opaekaa Falls Lookout* -Most accessible waterfall on the island. Location where Donovan’s Reef, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN, and Seven Women from Hell was filmed.
- Fern Grotto* -Discover the beauty of a tropical rainforest filled with lush native plants.
- Wailua River Boat Cruise* -Float down a fresh water river while being enchanted by songs and stories of ancient Hawaii.
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout* -A picturesque view of the lush tropical valley that was once a Hawaiian taro farming community with some of the patches still being farmed today.
- Queen Victoria’s Profile – The Haupu Mountain range offers a profile of Britain’s Queen Victoria.
NOTE: Please be advised that we stop at Paradise Garden instead if Fern Grotto is closed for repair work.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time: 5:15 AM
- Waikiki Pickups: 5:00 AM – 5:20 AM
- Waikiki Returns: 8:00 PM – 8:30 PM (depending on return flight departure time)
- Duration: 9 Hours
- Moderate walking – please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately.
- Your safety and comfort are our No. 1 priority. Tour highlights are subject to change without notice and may vary at the tour driver’s discretion in order to take into account National Park Service advisories, weather advisories, traffic advisories, road closures and detours, venue hours of operation etc.
- Tour features can change daily as we cannot predict weather conditions. Anticipate both sun and rain conditions.
Departure and Return Information:
- This tour departs from Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL)
- Address: 300 Rodgers Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96819
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/PTnXMY42cwNiqLmR9
- The Wailua Boat Cruise is not ADA accessible. Guests unable to walk need to be carried in/out of the boat.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be specified in the comments section when booking. Due to limited availability, we require ADA vehicle reservations to be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of service.
There is a NO CANCELLATION & NO REFUND policy on all ONE-DAY FLYAWAY Tours. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.