UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time:
- September 20-March: 4:15 PM
- April-July: 4:45 PM
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (approx.)
You will enjoy a comfortable sunset cruise up the Kona coast on our brand new boat, the Maheli-Heli as we head towards the world-famous Manta Ray Village. The Travel Channel says, “It’s one of the top ten things to do in your lifetime.” We agree wholeheartedly and there is no better place to book this adventure than here with Manta Adventures. This once-in-a-lifetime adventure awaits you and yours – Aloha!
Don’t Worry! If you have no swimming or in water experience book as an observer. The Manta show is visible from the boat. You can enjoy the experience along with your family and friends
Offshore of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Big Island, our visitors have the rare treat to experience – the Manta Night Snorkel. Mantas come to feed on an accumulation of plankton off the shoreline. The mantas glide through the water like birds feeding on the plankton. The Kona mantas are gentle giants, in many instances are 16 feet from wing to wing. The experience of seeing these massive gentle creatures in the wild is exhilarating and makes for an incredible Night Manta Snorkel show.
The Manta Night Snorkel is an experience you have to see for yourself!
- Light Snack, Juice, and Water
- Snorkel Gear*, Fins, Mask,
- Floatation Devices
- Wet Suits
- Fresh Water Warm Shower Rinse!
*Sterilized non-contact snorkel mouthpieces available for purchase.
- Bring a towel
- Swimwear, cover-up, light jacket, or sweater
- Special snacks or drinks
- Underwater Camera / Go PRO
- Observe Only: No touching. Resist the urge to “pet” the mantas. This will rub off their protective mucus coating. Do not chase, grab, or try to take a ride on the mantas. This doesn’t benefit the animal in any way.
- Snorkeler Position: Snorkelers must stay on the surface and keep legs horizontal. Do not dive down into the water column. This is prohibited.
- Lights: Snorkelers please shine all lights down.
- Taking photos or Videos: When taking underwater photos or video please be considerate of people and the mantas. Minimize your equipment in the water column and let the mantas come to you. The flash must be in the off position when taking any manta picture or video.
- All participants are required to sign a Snorkel Waiver.
- We require minimum bookings for tours. Manta Adventures reserves the right to cancel due to low customer count.
Location: Manta Adventures Inc.
Address: 74-429 Kealakehe Parkway Slip G-2, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Parking: As you enter the main road of the harbor, please stay to the left (straight) and enter the first parking lot on the right. Please park in the available parking lot.
Check-in: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour time for check-in.
Manta Adventures is the second slip from the right (Slip G-2) and in the far corner of the harbor. In most cases, you will see our large white van bearing our logo and information. In all cases, you will see our posted sign.
- As an added bonus we may fish on the way to the manta site!
- When booking your reservation please indicate any additional special needs you may require. We want to accommodate to make your trip special and memorable.
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the tour but tips are greatly appreciated.
- Easy entry/exit from the water (no transom to crawl over)
- Heavy-duty ladder with 4 submerged steps (easy to get on the boat)