- Hiking & Climbing
- Kauai Hiking & Climbing
- Kauai Tours & Activities
- Kauai Water Sport Activities
- Water Sport Activities
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- May-August: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- September-December: Monday and Friday
- Tour Times: 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
This 1.5-2 hour guided tour takes place on our private property that overlooks the Hule’ia watershed and Ha’upu Mountain range and has two secret waterfalls. A quick quarter mile (one way) hike is a great opportunity to visit two secluded waterfalls in the Lihue area. The 30’ Bamboo Falls is a great spot for pictures, and the 60’ Papakolea Falls offers the exciting opportunity to swim in, and climb behind a cascading waterfall!
Please note that on this hike, we will make several stream crossings, and encounter ankle-deep mud.
- Transportation from Da Life Outdoor Gear to the secluded waterfalls!
- Walking sticks and water.
- Towel, Bug Spray and Sunscreen.
- Water Shoes. The hike is muddy, and the bottom of the waterfall pool is rocky, so plan on wearing shoes that you don’t mind getting muddy and wet. Water shoes work well for both hiking and swimming portions of the tour.
- Swimsuit. Wear your swimsuit and a layer to put over top for the hiking portion of the tour.
- Minimum age of 6 years old.
- Participants must have good balance, be able to navigate slippery, muddy, and uneven terrain, and climb up and down at least 10 flights of stairs without assistance.
- This tour is not appropriate for people with recent surgeries, bone/joint problems, or heart conditions.
- Please note that this tour will include two knee deep stream crossings, and ankle deep mud. Water shoes are the best footwear for this tour.
- Da Life Outdoors reserves the right to refuse to honor bookings at the time of the tour if participants are in anyway unfit for the activity. If you are unsure if you meet the restrictions for this tour, please call to inquire prior to booking.
- We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to safety concerns, extreme weather, or not meeting the minimum tour count required to operate (4 people). Tours are not canceled due to rain.
- A minimum of 2 is required to make this booking.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
Location: Address and check-in details provided upon confirmation of your booking.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour time
- Please bring a printed and signed voucher of your reservations.
- Rental shoes are available at check-in for $10 per pair.