UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Morning (8 am-12 pm), Afternoon (12 pm-5 pm)*
- Duration: 60-65 minutes
* Flight time represents an approximate time of departure. Actual departure time will be shown in your confirmation email. Flight routes and sights may vary due to weather conditions
Our longer flight spends extra time exploring the most amazing and commonly requested sights of Kauai all from an aerial view.
Just like our Amazing tour our Epic tour takes in all the best sights on Kauai from above. Lacking a road that circles the entire island there is really only one way to see it all. Our Epic tour lasts over an hour while you take in all the best sights Kauai as to offer.
On this flight, you will be able to explore Hanapepe Valley, Manawaiopuna Falls (from Jurassic Park). As well as hover above the famous Waimea Canyon and see the rugged and beautiful sea cliffs on the Na Pali Coast. This flight is full of amazing views that you will remember for a lifetime.
- ONLY YOUR CELL PHONE IS ALLOWED ON BOARD. NO OTHER CAMERA DEVICE IS ALLOWED! We will provide a lanyard case for passengers’ cell phones that will be attached to them during flight.
- Children must be at least 10 years of age. An adult must accompany anyone 10-18 years old.
- No hats, bags or any loose items allowed.
- Must wear closed toed shoes. No flip-flops or sandals.
- Long hair must be tied up at all times.
- We will provide each passenger a jacket that will be required for all passengers to wear during flight.
- Flight routes and sights may vary due to weather conditions.
- Half hour prior check-in to all flights is required.
- Comfort seat charge for passengers weighing 240lbs or more or a combined weight of 420lbs.
- FAA regulations require us to weigh all passengers and bags at check-in. For each passenger weighing 240 pounds or a combined weight of 420 pounds per couple, an additional seat must be purchased. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers.
- No tablets, extension/selfie sticks or bags/ purses allowed on board
- Front seat passengers MUST wear dark/black clothing due to the reflection
Optional Upgrades and Extras – select during checkout:
Front Seats Guaranteed
- Now offering to reserve the 2 seats up front next to the pilot for an additional fee.
- Combined weight must not exceed 380 pounds (173 kilograms). If passengers exceed this combined weight at check-in they could possibly forfeit their front seating due to weight and balance safety.
- Front seat passengers MUST wear dark/black clothing due to the reflection.
Inflight Media Package
- In-flight media packages are available for all flights. Our multi-vision flight narrated and choreographed to the scenery. Package comes with a USB flash drive of the actual flight and a printed photo by the helicopter.
Location: Air Kauai Helicopters at Lihue Airport
3651 Ahukini Road, Lihue. Hi 96766
Goofle Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/pL3FhBXKgQHao4yh9
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in.
- Please see Transportation tab for directions to Air Kaui Helicopters.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in.
DIRECTIONS TO LIHUE HELIPORT:
- Coming from the East Side (Kapa’a)
Head southeast on Kaapuni Rd, continue onto State Hwy 581/Olohena Rd. At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto HI-5600/Kapaa Bypass. Continue on HI-56 S to Lihue, turn right onto HI-56 S and continue straight onto HI-51S. Drive to Ahukini Rd, turn Left onto Ahukini Rd, turn right to stay on Ahukini Rd, turn left to stay on Ahukini Rd. The destination will be on the right.
- Coming from the South Side (Poipu)
Take Maluhia Rd and HI-50 E to Ahukini Rd in Lihue, head south toward Lawai Rd. Exit the traffic circle onto Poipu Rd. Turn right onto Koloa Rd. Turn left onto Maluhia Rd. Slight right onto HI-50 E. Keep left to stay on HI-50 E. Continue onto HI-56 N. Turn right onto Ahukini Rd. Drive to Ahukini Rd. Turn right to stay on Ahukini Rd. Turn left to stay on Ahukini Rd. The destination will be on the right.
- Coming from the West Side (Waimea)
Head southwest on Waimea Canyon Dr toward Waena Rd. Turn left onto HI-50 E. Keep left to stay on HI-50 E. Continue onto HI-56 N. Turn right onto Ahukini Rd. Turn right to stay Ahukini Rd. Turn left to stay on Ahukini Rd. The destination will be on the right.
- Coming from the North Side (Hanalei/ Princeville)
Head south toward HI-560 E. Turn left onto HI-560 E. Continue onto HI-56 S. Continue straight onto HI-51 S. Turn left onto Ahukini Rd. Turn right to stay on Ahukini Rd. Turn left to stay on Ahukini Rd. The destination will be on the right.