- Boat Rides & Sailing
- Oahu Boat Rides & Sailing
- Oahu Snorkeling Tours
- Oahu Tours & Activities
- Snorkeling Tours
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday and Federal Holidays)
- Tour Times: 10:30 AM
- Duration: 4 Hours
Captain Bob’s Picnic Sail begins with our free transportation from Waikiki through the popular Likelike or Pali Highway to the windward side of Oahu.
Aboard one of our catamarans, our crew will provide you with safety instructions, and personal fitting of snorkeling equipment. Along the way to our first stop, the sandbar, you will enjoy the beautiful view, including places like Gilligan’s Island and Chinaman’s Hat, also known as Mokoli’i.
At the first stop, the sandbar, the crew will set up the water volleyball net to begin a friendly and fun game. Water volleyball can be fun no matter how experienced a volleyball player you are. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing day, you can swim in the refreshingly cool water or take a stroll on the sandbar in the midst of the bay. The succulent aroma of BBQ will alert you that lunch is being prepared. The crew will let you know when your food is ready.
Lunch includes hamburgers, baked beans, salad, chips, and fruits. We are prepared for our vegetarian friends as well. Just let our crew know when you make your reservation. The crew will be more than happy to cook up a veggie-burger for you.
After lunch, the vessels will set sail to our second stop, the coral reef. At the coral reef, you can snorkel among the many colorful tropical fishes. Among them, you will see the ever so rare green sea turtles, occasionally dolphins, our state fish, the Humuhumunukunukuapua’a. Certainly, you will see the various types of coral. We do ask, however, that you do not walk on it, despite its firm appearance, the coral is very fragile.
When you return on board, our crew will provide you with a fresh water rinse, so you will have a comfortable return trip.
- Snorkeling – Sanitized equipment
- Water sports including Hawaiian Style Water Volleyball, sunning, and swimming.
- See landmarks such as Gilligan’s Island and Chinaman’s Hat.
- Lunch is served on board at the Sandbar and includes:
- Sumptuous barbecue hamburger with all the trimmings.
- Baked Beans, Fruit Cocktail and Chips
- Assorted beverages are served throughout the sail.
- Complimentary Sodas, Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate
- Regular and Light Beer and Wine – $5.00 per drink
- Please wear your swimsuit with coverup before you arrive.
- Bring your BP-3 free sunscreen and help us protect our fragile coral reef.
- Bring a towel, a change of clothes, and sunglasses
- You may bring your own Snorkeling Equipment if you want but remember we do have professional grade equipment for your use. NO FULL FACED snorkel mask allowed.
- Waterproof case for your camera…memories await.
- Credit Card or Cash for any alcoholic beverage (beer and wine) you may want to purchase.
Location: Heeia Kea Small Boat Harbor
Address: 46-499 Kamehameha Highway, Kaneohe, HI 96744
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/WNTTjxTdU7WoaR2y5
Transportation: Conveniently located round-trip transportation from Waikiki. Please review Transportation tab for pick-up schedule.
For drive-out guests: Please check-in at 10:30 AM.
Parking: Parking is free and can be limited. Please park in stalls that do not have any parking limit signs as we will be out in the ocean for approximately 4 hours.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- NO coolers, NO outside alcoholic beverage allowed, NO outside audio equipment (boom-box, speakers) allowed.
For Drive Outs: If you have your own vehicle, you can meet the crew at Heeia Kea Pier at 10:30 AM. Vessels depart from Heeia Kea Pier at 11:00 AM.
Waikiki Pick Up Schedule:
9:10 AM – Ilikai Hotel (Front Entrance, Flag Pole)
9:25 AM – Ambassador Waikiki (Namahana Street, wait in the lobby)
9:30 AM – Sheraton Waikiki (Aloha Landing Bus Depot)
9:35 AM – Hyatt Regency Hotel (Koa Avenue, by the green awning)
9:40 AM – Alohilani Resort (wait in the lobby)
9.45 AM – Waikiki Beach Marriot (Paoakalani Ave, Bus Loading Area)