UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 11:30 AM, 2:00 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours
Join us on a fun and exciting 2-hour Adventure Sail with spectacular views of the West Maui Mountains, Lahaina Town and the Island of Lanai. Our 50-foot Santa Cruz sailing yacht carries only 22 passengers for intimate sailing excursions. See Lahaina Town with its seawall, historic colorful buildings from the water and gaze upon the “Big L” on top of the hillside above Lahainaluna School founded in 1831.
Cruise the ocean waters while relaxing with a local beer, glass of white wine or other complimentary beverages including sodas and juices and do not forget to take plenty of photographs of your traveling companions and new friends onboard and the spectacular scenery. Our crew will take a photo of you and your friends so that you can be in it and actually look like you are on this vacation trip.
Our experienced captain and crew will sail into the ‘Au’au Channel between Maui and Lanai to experience the Trade Winds and sail north towards Kaanapali Beach and its resort hotels or south to Olowalu Beach and Gorge depending upon sea and wind conditions. The mast on our sailing yacht is over 65 feet tall and carries the mainsail and billowing jib that moves us over the ocean waves at an exciting clip.
The Scotch Mist is built for the Maui winds, and she was “first in class” in the prestigious Victoria-to-Maui Yacht Race besting her competitors by over 24 hours. You will enjoy this fun and exhilarating sail.
Our 2-hour sails are short, fun, and exciting and a great value for couples, families, and small groups. Personal service is our trademark and tradition. Private charters are available year-round and can be arranged through our office. Call anytime for information.
We look forward to having you aboard on your next trip to Maui. Come sail away!!
- Minimum age is 5 years old. (For private charters, all ages welcome.)
- Not recommended for pregnant persons, persons having recent back/neck surgeries, or major injuries/issues.
- Guests are solely responsible for their possessions including clothing, hats, cameras, cell phones, and other electronics. Dry storage bags are not available; however small disposable trash bags are available upon request. Please remember, we are a sailing vessel on the water and in the elements, and dress appropriately.
- Weather, seas, and wind conditions permitting; any snorkel site is Captain’s choice for visibility and safety.
- Be aware there is No Smoking permitted onboard the boat, or at the dock per State law.
Location: Scotch Mist Sailing Charters
Address: 675 Wharf Street Slip #2, Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/HfYiaAQnp9kocMdr9
There are several free and paid parking lots throughout Lahaina Town. Allow yourself plenty of time to find parking.
Please check-in 15 minutes before your departure time.