- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Volcanoes National Park
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. (Closed Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday)
- Tour Time: 7:00 AM
- Duration: 11 Hours (approx.)
Waterfalls, tropical forests, and volcanoes – oh my! Travel in style and comfort with the Big Island’s Premier Tour Company – Kailani Tours. Cruise along the wild and scenic Hamakua coastline on your way to see Akaka Falls, Onomea Bay, and Kilauea Volcano! This brand-new tour traces the rugged Hamakua Coast, explores the two-waterfall loop in a tropical rainforest, and reveals amazing viewpoints at Kilauea Volcano. Features of this tour include everything from our first-class beverage and towel service, exceptional food selections, to our incredibly knowledgeable guides. This luxury tour highlights the lush and tropical side of Hawaii Island while focusing on one of the world’s most active volcanoes. This unique and unforgettable tour provides the most comprehensive exploration of Kilauea Volcano’s past, present, and future.
Points of Interest:
- Tex Drive-In
- Akaka Falls State Park
- Onomea Scenic Outlook
- Kilauea Lodge
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: Visitor Center, Steam Vents, Kilauea Iki Lookout, Kilauea Overlook, and Thurston Lava Tubes
- Saddle Road
*Locations Subject to Change
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Mercedes 15 passenger mini-coach. This tour has a maximum of 13 passengers to provide plenty of headroom in the cabin and comes with state-of-the-art audio and visual public address package.
- Continental breakfast, malasadas from Tex’s Drive-In*
- Restaurant Lunch at Kilauea Lodge*
- Hot and cold towel service
- Bottled water, bottled juice, soda, and hot beverage.
- Umbrellas, rain, and parka jackets in the event of rain
**Meal locations and menu are subject to change.**
- We recommend bringing a small backpack or tote bag as there is plenty of room in our spacious cabin.
- What to Wear: Although Hawaii is home to the endless summer, there are places and times where the temperature can drop substantially. Weather can change dramatically from hot and humid to cool and wet conditions.
- Kailani Tours Hawaii recommends wearing comfortable footwear, a hat and sunglasses, and shorts or long pants. Comfortable and light clothing is recommended.
- This tour is for guests 5 years and older. It includes a few short walks to and from several sites.
- This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- Passengers traveling with a wheelchair or walker are more than welcome to join our tour. Please note, our vans are equipped to handle easy storage of a wheelchair or other medical equipment. But we do not have a wheelchair lift.
- A combined minimum of 4 guests is required for a tour to operate. Should a tour not meet the tour minimum, advance notice will be provided.
- Due to the topographical and weather changes that have recently affected the tour area, some attractions and sites may be unreachable or unsafe to visit. Park officials have recently reopened Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with several restrictions as they continue to make repairs. Park officials have been known to restrict entry without notice. Kailani Tours Hawaii will not issue refunds caused by park restrictions.
Location: Pick-up included from selected hotels. Please see the Transportation tab for details.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your pick-up location.
- Water, juice, soda, snacks, and two meals will be served. The tour makes occasional stops for snacks and beverages.
No pre-selections are required for reservation.
Menus are seasonal and subject to change, so you’ll always get the freshest local ingredients
** Please note dietary restrictions.**
**Vegetarian, and vegan options available on request.**
Breakfast and Lunch are both included on this tour. Each meal is served individually to comply with sanitary/COVID standards.
Granola Island-Style yogurt parfait and Tex Drive-In’s malasadas.
- Lunch* at Kilauea Lodge – Choice of:
- Big Island Beef Burger with fries.
- Ranch Turkey Wrap with fries.
- Nicoise salad (Seared or blackened catch, island greens, sliced eggs, green beans, fingerling potatoes, tomatoes, kalamata olives, anchovies (red wine herb vinegar).
- Tofu burger with fries.
- Keiki menu: Keiki burger or hot dog.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- 6:00 AM – Kanaloa at Kona (Outside the main gate)
- 6:00 AM – Sheraton Kona (Near the bell station just outside the lounge)
- 6:05 AM – Wyndham Mauna Loa Village/ Holua Resort at the Mauna Loa Village (at the bench on the main street outside of the resort area)
- 6:05 AM – Keauhou Shopping Center (Optional Central Meeting Area) (in front of Long’s Drugstore)
- 6:05 AM – Kona Coast Resort (Main Entrance near the guard shack)
- 6:10 AM – Castle Kona Bali Kai (Lobby)
- 6:10 AM – Worldmark (Outside the activities center)
- 6:10 AM – Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort (Main Lobby)
- 6:15 AM – Aston Kona by the Sea (Main Lobby)
- 6:15 AM – Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger (Outside at the circular driveway)
- 6:15 AM – Royal Kona Resort (at the benches near the roundabout)
- 6:15 AM – Kona Reef (Outside of the main entrance)
- 6:25 AM – Holiday Inn Express (Main Lobby)
- 6:25 AM – Kona Seaside Hotel (Main Lobby)
- 6:25 AM – Courtyard King Kamehameha Hotel
- 6:25 AM – Uncle Billy’s Kona Bay Hotel (Near the check-in Lobby)
- 6:30 AM – Target- Kona (Parking Lot near McDonalds)
- 6:45 AM – Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (Outside Main Entrance)
- 7:00 AM – Fairway Villas
- 7:00 AM – Queen’s Marketplace – Charley’s Thai Cuisine (Optional Meeting Area) (Back Parking Lot at the Shuttle Pickup waiting area by Charley’s Thai Cuisine)
- 7:05 AM – Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa (Outside the main lobby in the covered area)
- 7:10 AM – Vista Waikoloa (Bus stop structure at the top of the hill)
- 7:10 AM – Aston Shores at Waikoloa (Bus stop structure at the top of the hill)
- 7:15 AM – Hilton Waikoloa Village (Outside Lower Lobby)
- 7:20 AM – Hali’i Kai (Outside the gate at the circular driveway)
- 7:25 AM – Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas (Outside the gate at the circular driveway)
- 7:25 AM – Bay Club – Hilton Grand Vacations Resort (Near the activities center)
- 7:25 AM – Kohala Suites – Hilton Grand Vacations (Outside near the bellman stand)
- 7:30 AM – Kings’ Land – Hilton Grand Vacations (In the seating area near the bellman stand)
- 7:40 AM – Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii (At the tour shuttle kiosk near self-parking (away from the front entrance))
- 7:45 AM – Mauna Lani Shops – Foodland (Optional Central Meeting Area) (outside of Foodland)
- 7:45 AM – Mauna Lani Bay Hotel
- 8:00 AM – Mauna Kea Beach Resort (Outside near the circular driveway)
- 8:00 AM – Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel (Near guest services outside)
- 6:30 AM (approx.) – Kona Hotels and Resort Pick Up
- 7:00 AM-7:30 AM – Waikoloa and Kohala Hotels and Resort Pick Up
- 8:15 AM-8:45 AM – Tex Drive-In – Continental Breakfast and Donuts
- 9:30 AM-10:15 AM – Akaka Falls State Park – 2 Waterfall Loop in a Tropical Rainforest
- 10:45 AM-11:00 AM – Onomea Scenic Lookout – Waterfalls, Streams, and Scenic Drive
- 11:15 AM-11:30 AM – Historic Hilo Town – Bayfront and Banyan Drive History
- 12:15 PM-1:15 PM – Kilauea Lodge – Lunch
- 1:30 PM-3:30 PM – Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – Visitor Center, Steam Vents, Kilauea Iki Lookout, Kilauea Overlook, and Thurston Lava Tubes
- 4:15 PM-4:30 PM – Rainbow Falls – Majestic Hilo Icon
- Return via Saddle Road – Gil Kahele Recreation Area (Optional)
- 6:15 PM (approx.) – Waikoloa and Kohala Hotels and Resort
- 6:45 PM (approx.) – Kona Hotels and Resort
*Return times are subject to change depending on the return route and hotel locations of all guests.