Come see the Humpback Whales in their natural habitat on the Whale Watchtour!
Humpback Whales migrate to the Hawaiian Islands during the winter months Mid-December to March. The humpback whales come to the Hawaiian Islands for the purpose of calving and mating, the warm inshore waters surrounding these islands offer the young whales’ protection from predators as they build up enough body fat for their 3,000-mile journey north.
Males reach 43 feet (14 m) and females 45 feet (15 m) in length and weigh 35 tons, on average. Males produce intricate “songs”, only during the mating season. Whale “songs” are composed of themes, which in turn, are composed of phrases.
These acrobatic animals are known for breaching and slapping the water with their tails and pectoral fins. This type of whale can be found from as far South as South America, as far North as Alaska, in Australia, New Zealand, as well as a number of south pacific islands, but one of the best places to view them up close is in the warm waters of the Hawaiian Islands.
- Round trip transportation from Waikiki or Ko Olina Hotels
- Humpback Whale/Dolphin Watch – Humpback Whales are only one of the types of marine mammals we could find each day off the leeward coast of Oahu.
- Snorkeling with Turtles and Fish
- Excursions are lead by seasoned island naturalists with years of experience on the Waianae Coast.
- Personalized, unhurried excursions are our specialty. Excursions last 3 hours and are limited to 22 guests.
- On board picnic style lunch of pre-made sandwiches made to your specifications
- Drinking water is provided along with a cooler filled with ice if you would like to bring your own beverages.
- Snorkel gear is also included.
- Whales are guaranteed with a return trip voucher if not spotted on this tour.
- Availability: Tuesday, Friday and Saturday
- Tour Times: 2:30 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours
Address: 85-491 Farrington Hwy, Waianae, HI 96792
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/5Wu1z7BtQsFnQQxp8
Please check in 30 minutes prior to departure.