The FIRST AND ONLY Doors-off tour deep into the heart of the spectacular Kohala Valleys!
There is no better way to experience and learn about the geography, history and incomparable lush beauty of Kohala, birthplace of King Kamehameha, than our doors-off tour. Once you’re in these valleys, your camera will be the only thing between you and the towering 2500’ waterfalls and sheer cliff faces – talk about EPIC SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS!
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors!
- Doors Off
- Beach, Waterfall, and Rainforest!
- Availability: Friday
- Tour time: Morning, Afternoon
- Duration: 30-35 minutes (approx)*
*Approx. 65 min total duration (includes 30 min check-in time and 35 minute flight time)
- Warm clothing suggested as flight is cool and windy.
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- Each guest weighing 270 lbs. or more must purchase an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The extra seat is discounted by 15% (before fuel surcharge). All guests who purchase an extra seat are guaranteed a window seat.
Weights for all guests are requested at the time of booking, and their accuracy is essential to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests. To ensure safety, we weigh all guests at check-in, and if we are unable to fly a guest due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- For Doors-Off Flights:
- Please bring a jacket as the cabin will be cool and very windy.
- If you wish to take photos during the flight, your camera or phone must have a strap and be secured to you.
- No hats or other loose accessories such as scarves are permitted on the flight.
- We will ask you to empty your pockets before your flight to remove anything that could potentially become airborne, including camera lenses or personal items.
- Closed-toe shoes required and may not have open backs
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses may be worn on doors-off flights as your 2-way communication headset will pin them securely to your head. If they are not worn, we will ask you to leave them behind.
- If you have longer hair, we recommend tying it back.
- No ipads or selfie sticks are allowed.
Location: Waimea – Kohala Airport
Address: Waimea-Kohala Airport Rd, Waimea, HI 96743
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/rXZZ1M5EkWCRWmcb6
Parking: There is free parking at Waimea-Kohala Airport.
Check-in: Please check-in for your flight 30 minutes prior to departure.