UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Thursday and Sunday
- Tour Time: 6:45 AM
- Duration: 8 Hours
No two ships are more emblematic of America’s involvement in WWII than the USS Arizona and the USS Missouri. The attack on the Arizona thrust the United States into war, and four years later the instruments of surrender ending the war were signed on the deck of the Missouri. You’ll experience both ships on this tour and learn firsthand of their history and thrill at the accounts of the brave crews who manned them.
Complementing your Pearl Harbor tour is a comfortable narrated drive through Honolulu’s most iconic sites including the Punchbowl National Cemetery, King Kamehameha Statue, and buildings where Hawaiian royalty of the past and today’s political leaders guide our islands. Our professional driver guide will meet you at or near your hotel, share an informative and entertaining narration aboard an air-conditioned, deluxe tour vehicle, and return you to Waikiki following the tour.
- Battleship Missouri, where you’ll walk in the footsteps of General Douglas MacArthur, Admiral Chester Nimitz, and officers of the Allied Powers in 1945 when the instruments of surrender were signed on the ship, signaling the end WWII. “Mighty Mo” valiantly fought in WWII, the Korean War and in Desert Storm in the Persian Gulf, supporting the cause of freedom.
- Arizona Memorial will be reached aboard a US Navy vessel. The memorial was designed by the architectural team to be situated directly above the actual USS Arizona battleship without resting on the sunken ship. The ship is the final resting place of many of the 1,177 officers and crewmen who were lost during the attack.
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center is where you’ll witness actual film footage of the attack at the Visitor Center Theater, view historic galleries and displays, and find yourself taken back in time to a period of conflict which brought the United States directly into battle, forging its role in eventually concluding it following years of combat.
- Punchbowl Cemetery is viewed from the comfort of your tour vehicle where you’ll observe the dignified beauty of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl. The memorial cemetery was created to pay homage to those in the US Armed Forces whose lives were lost in the service of their country.
- Iolani Palace was the residence of the Hawaii Kingdom royalty between 1845 and 1893. The only royal palace on US soil, the palace employs architectural design seen no place else. It’s “American Florentine” design was created using brick with concrete facing, with ornamental plaster interior.
- King Kamehameha Statue is seen in pictures around the world as an archetype of Hawaii’s regal past. The statue honors the monarch founded the Kingdom of Hawaii, and one of the “must see” sites included in the tour.
- Kawaiahao Church is sometimes referred to as “Hawaii’s Westminster Abbey”, Kawaiahao Church was the chapel of the royal family. It’s the oldest church on Oahu, and the Hawaiian language is still used during portions of services.
- The Mission Houses contain artifacts, documents, and displays from Hawaii’s missionary period in the 1800’s.
- Hawaii State Capitol – The capitol houses the governor’s office and state legislature. The American adaptation of the Bauhaus style of the building provides a dramatic contrast to the well-preserved historic buildings located just blocks away.
- Honolulu Hale – Literally, “Honolulu building”, in the Hawaiian language, the building houses the mayor’s chambers and is the seat of the government of the City and County of Honolulu.
- Comfortable, late model air-conditioned deluxe tour vehicle.
- Live professional tour narration by delightful, knowledgeable driver-guide
- Roundtrip Waikiki Beach hotel transportation included.
- You should bring items that allow you to be comfortable.
- You should wear sunscreen and bring a camera. Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
- The US Department of the Interior has declared a, “no bags” policy at the Arizona Memorial and Visitor Center. Passengers may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc. Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets.
- Due to ceremonies on December 7th each year, the park is closed to commercial vehicles and we do not operate our normal tours to the USS Arizona Memorial on that date. Also, on rare occasions, and due to external factors outside of our control (including inclement weather and/or shortages of boat launch tickets), there is the possibility of not being able to visit the Arizona Memorial during your visit. You will still be able to visit the many Arizona exhibits and visitor’s center, the USS Bowfin, and other monuments at the park.
- Pick-up is offered in the Waikiki area. Please see Transportation tab for pick-up locations and schedule.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Please do not leave any valuables on the coach.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas, New Year’s Day, or Thanksgiving.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
Pick up Schedule:
- 7:00 AM – ALA MOANA HOTEL (HONOLULU, OAHU) (Mahukona St.)
- 7:00 AM – AQUA PALMS WAIKIKI (in front of IHOP)
- 7:00 AM – PRINCE WAIKIKI HOTEL (Entrance facing the boat harbor)
- 7:05 AM – HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE (Grand Islander Bus Depot)
- 7:10 AM – HALE KOA HOTEL WAIKIKI (Front Entrance)
- 7:10 AM – HOTEL LACROIX (WAIKIKI GATEWAY) (Side Entrance Olohana St)
- 7:15 AM – SHERATON WAIKIKI HOTEL (Tour Bus Terminal (Aloha Landing))
- 7:15 AM – HOKULANI BY HILTON GRAND VACATIONS, Curbside on Lewers St. under the Hokulani sign by the bottom of the escalator.
- 7:20 AM – ROSS DRESS FOR LESS (Curbside at Seaside Ave)
- 7:20 AM – HILTON GARDEN INN WAIKIKI (Curbside on Walina St)
- 7:25 AM – OHANA WAIKIKI EAST (Curbside outside front entrance on Kaiulani Ave)
- 7:30 AM – HYATT REGENCY WAIKIKI (Koa Ave – curbside, under green awning)
- 7:40 AM – ASTON WAIKIKI BEACH (Curbside Paoakalani St)
- 7:45 AM – PEARL HARBOR HISTORIC SITES VISITOR CENTER (at the front before the checkpoint)