UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Closed Tuesday and Thursday)
- Tour Times: Morning, Afternoon
- Duration: 20 Minutes
* Total flight time typically varies from 18 – 22 minutes. Approx. 1 hour, including check-in.
See all of the breath-taking sights that Oahu’s North Shore has to offer on this 20-minute North Shore Adventure. Every winter, waves taller than four-story buildings roll through the Birthplace of Big Wave Surfing, swells that only the world’s best surfers dare to ride. You’ll get to fabulous aerial views of the whole coastline, including Kahana Bay, Waimea Bay, Sunset Beach, and Banzai Pipeline – each with its own well-earned reputation for monster surf. As bonus, you’ll even get a view of the beautiful Kaliuwa‘a (Sacred Falls). At a 1000 feet, it offers incredible beauty, which has only been viewable by air since 1999.
- Oahu’s World Famous North Shore
- Banzai Pipeline
- Sunset Beach
- Sharks Cove
- Waimea Bay
- Ko‘olau Mountains
- Kaliuwa‘a (Sacred Falls)
- Approx. 20 minutes total air tour flight time in MD500 helicopter
- Door-Off — take great photos, our most popular add-on!
- All window seats
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- For passengers above 265 lbs., fees are charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests between 265 lbs – 300 lbs (when weighed at check-in), will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 or $100 on our Bell 407. They will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests weighing over 300 lbs are required to purchase a second, cabin comfort & safety seat at a discounted price. They will be guaranteed a window seat. Accurate weights at the time of booking are essential to ensure comfort and safety of all guests. If a passenger is unable to fly due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
- For Doors-Off Flights:
- Please bring a jacket as the cabin will be cool and very windy.
- If you wish to take photos during the flight, your camera or phone must have a strap and be secured to you.
- No hats or other loose accessories such as scarves are permitted on the flight.
- We will ask you to empty your pockets before your flight to remove anything that could potentially become airborne, including camera lenses or personal items.
- Closed-toe shoes required and may not have open backs
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses may be worn on doors-off flights as your 2-way communication headset will pin them securely to your head. If they are not worn, we will ask you to leave them behind.
- If you have longer hair, we recommend tying it back.
- No ipads or selfie sticks are allowed.
Location: Paradise Helicopters Helipad, Turtle Bay Resort North Shore
Address: 57-091 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/bqNgC2SCnUaVedAa8
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour time.