UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- May-July: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Closed Wednesday)
- August-December: Daily
- Tour Time: 8:00 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:30 AM, 1:15 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:45 PM
- Duration: 50 Minutes
This is our 50-minute tour of Oahu, taking in some of the iconic sites on this amazing island. This is similar to our VIP private tour but is open seating (not private), and we make sure we get you around the island as efficiently as we can.
Strap in and get ready for 50 minutes of breathtaking beauty! Fly doors off (or on) around Oahu just like the TV show Magnum P.I.! Departing from Honolulu airport, begin your helicopter adventure by flying over Waikiki’s shoreline, where the modern metropolis of Honolulu meets the white sands of Waikiki’s iconic beaches.
Your tour continues down the leeward coast to Diamond Head, Koko Head, and the historic Makapuu Point Lighthouse. Continuing north up the windward coast, you pass over Kailua Beach, the famous landmark Chinaman’s Hat, and the pristine waters of Kaneohe Bay.
The flight continues north to Kaaawa (Jurassic) Valley and Sacred Falls. Next are breathtaking views of Oahu’s famous North Shore. Take in spectacular views of Banzai Pipeline and Waimea Bay, home of Oahu’s legendary monster waves. Your tour ends with a slow flyover of Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona.
Experience the ultimate Magnum P.I. helicopter tour!
- Doors-on or doors-off option (at no extra cost)
- On a doors-on flight, we recommend that you wear dark outer layers to minimize reflection in the windows during photography. Because you are not exposed to the elements, whatever clothing you are comfortable with at sea level is adequate for your flight.
- An open-door experience is exciting and fun and we want you to enjoy your flight without being distracted by wind or chill. A warm outer layer that you can zip up, such as a windproof jacket, is ideal.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, we do recommend that you prepare with oral motion‐sickness medication so you can enjoy your flight, free from worry. Please request an “Aloha Bag” from our pilot prior to takeoff or during the flight.
- Minimum age is 7 years old for a doors-on tour and 12 years old for doors-off tour
- Children 7 and over recommended with a weight of at least 30 pounds.
- Minimum 2 passengers, maximum 3 (of the same family group only).
- Weight Limitations
- 3 Seat Helicopter:
- Max passenger weight of 275 lbs
- For groups of 3 passengers, no more than one person can be 200+ lbs
- 3 Seat Helicopter:
- Weights will be taken at the time of check in with all items going on the helicopter with you. Due to legal and safety reasons, if weights taken are over the restriction we will not be able to accommodate the tour and you are still responsible for the full cost.
- Single-seat booking times are subject to change
- Customers who are sick inside the helicopter during the flight will be charged a $100 cleaning fee.
- Late passengers will forfeit their tour and not be offered a refund.
- Tour route is subject to change based on weather, Air Traffic Control or pilot discretion
- Cancellations or delays to the flight are at the pilot’s discretion for safety reasons, which may include inclement weather.
- Passengers are welcome to bring their personal belongings on the aircraft as long as they are lightweight and able to be stored under the seat. For any flight with one or more doors off – cameras, video cameras, and all other photography equipment must be secured to the passenger by the wrist strap or neck strap. Cell phones are permitted for picture-taking if they are set to airplane mode and the doors-off flight must also be secured to the passenger by a strap.
- Earrings should be taken off for passenger comfort while wearing headsets.
- Please note that all body parts must remain inside the helicopter for the duration of the tour. We do not allow “foot selfies” or similar on our tours for safety reasons.
- Passengers who miss their scheduled flight time due to a late check-in will be charged a fee of $100 if they are able to reschedule.
Location: Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours Oahu
Address: 134 Nakolo Pl #203, Honolulu, HI 96819
Google Maps: https://g.page/Best-Oahu-Helicopter-Tours?share
Check-in: All passengers must check in with a valid photo ID no less than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled flight time.
We have free parking!
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour time.