UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- October-November: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Closed Wednesday)
- December: Daily
- Tour Time: 8:00 AM, 8:45 AM, 10:30 AM, 11:15 AM, 1:15 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:45 PM, 4:30 PM
- Duration: 25 Minutes
Stunning views of the city of Honolulu and Magic Island!
Enjoy a private, guaranteed window seat adventuring the south shore of Oahu. Enjoy shoreline views of the city of Honolulu and Magic Island. Keep an eye out for sea turtles and surfers along the iconic white sand beaches of Waikiki.
We then begin the climb to see Diamond head crater while overlooking the most populous island in Hawaii. From there, following the south shore to Koko Head and Hanauma Bay, an underwater crater popular for snorkeling. Continuing along sandy beaches as they turn into rocky cliffs leading to the Makapuu Lighthouse.
- Guaranteed window seats and your very own private pilot
- Doors-on or doors-off option (at no extra cost)
- On a doors-on flight, we recommend that you wear dark outer layers to minimize reflection in the windows during photography. Because you are not exposed to the elements, whatever clothing you are comfortable with at sea level is adequate for your flight.
- An open-door experience is exciting and fun and we want you to enjoy your flight without being distracted by wind or chill. A warm outer layer that you can zip up, such as a windproof jacket, is ideal.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, we do recommend that you prepare with oral motion‐sickness medication so you can enjoy your flight, free from worry. Please request an “Aloha Bag” from our pilot prior to takeoff or during the flight.
- Minimum age is 7 years old for a doors-on tour and 12 years old for doors-off.
- Minimum of 2 passengers and allow the maximum of 3 passengers (of the same family group only).
- Weight Limitations
- 3 Seat Helicopter:
- Max weight per passenger of 275lbs
- Max total group weight cannot exceed 650lbs
- 3 Seat Helicopter:
- Weights will be taken at the time of check-in with all items going on the helicopter with you. Due to legal and safety reasons, if weight limits are exceeded at the time of check-in, we will not be able to accommodate the tour, and is non-refundable.
- All passengers must check in with a valid photo ID.
- Helicopters hold up to 3 passengers, reservations of 4 or more will be split between helicopters.
- We strongly advise against wind-susceptible clothing such as dresses and hooded items. In winter, long pants are highly recommended.
- To keep you and your belongings safe, we cannot permit any loose objects on your doors-off flight. This includes hats, visors, scarves, hair clips, and strapless sandals.
- Eyeglasses are permissible. Hair that is long enough should be tied tightly with an elastic band. Any equipment must be secured to you via a strap.
- Routes or flight times may vary due to weather conditions. Mauna Loa Helicopters reserves the right to cancel any tour due to unsafe weather. If cancellation due to weather occurs prior to the flight, any money collected will be refunded. If the flight has begun and must be canceled due to weather within 10 minutes of takeoff, the tour price will be refunded in full. If the flight has exceeded 10 minutes, the passengers will be refunded for the percentage of the flight that did not take place. The pilots do have all the way up until the flight time to make a weather decision. If cancelled due to weather per the pilot, rescheduling opportunities are based upon availability.
- Customers who are sick inside the helicopter during flight will be charged a $100 cleaning fee.
- Please note that all body parts must remain inside the helicopter for the duration of the tour. We do not allow “foot selfies” or similar on our tours for safety reasons.
- Passengers who miss their scheduled flight time due to a late check-in will be charged a fee of $100 if they are able to reschedule.
Location: Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours
Address: 134 Nakolo Place, Suite 203, Honolulu, HI 96819
Check-in: All passengers must check in with a valid photo ID no less than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled flight time.
Parking: We have free parking. Please park in the designated parking stall. Stall number #17MLH or #4MLH.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour time.