The Only Scuba Shark Dive Experience on Oahu!
Shark Tank Scuba is a scuba dive experience in the Sea Life Park shark tank aquarium. There is no other scuba dive like it on Oahu! Not only do you get to dive with sharks, but you also receive free admission to Sea Life Park for the day. Swim with Hawaiian rays, sandbar sharks, white tip reef sharks, and black tip sharks. Suitable as a resort dive for non certified divers, or a scuba shark dive for certified divers, it is a great way to spend the day on Oahu.
This Shark Dive on Oahu is an experience that puts you with some of the ocean’s top predators inside the 300,000-gallon Shark Exhibit. Learn about Sharks and Shark Conservation during your experience. No diving certification is necessary, and a trained Instructor accompanies all participants. Scuba Shark Dive participants are provided with everything necessary for their dive, including wetsuit, and scuba gear.
The Shark Dive Hawaii Experience:
Shark Dive experts will guide you into the 300,000-gallon warm water shark exhibit, where you’ll get an up-close view of sharks. Whether you’re a certified diver or an adventurous non-diver, this is an exhilarating, underwater journey that is perfect for you. This is a great opportunity for you to explore and learn firsthand about these top predators found in Hawaii, and it will give you a different experience from scuba diving in the vast ocean. Your shark dive Hawaii instructor will guide you around the tank where you will see Black Tip Reef sharks, White Tip Reef sharks, Sandbar Shark, Giant Brown Hawaiian Stingrays, Blue Trevally, Surgeon fish, and Yellow Tangs. This is the only guaranteed shark sighting dive experience on the island!
What to Expect on your Shark Dive Hawaii:
When you arrive at our shark dive Hawaii experience, you will go through a briefing over the theory of how to breath underwater and other skills to help you feel comfortable underwater. All of our shark dive guests will go through this briefing including what behavior to expect from the marine life in the tank. After the briefing you will enter the platform over the tank where we will set up the divers in their equipment and enter the water on the large ladder. Each diver will practice their skills, that they learned in the briefing, one-on-one with the instructor. Once everyone is ready, the divers will descend on the ladder to the sharks and rays waiting below! It is approximately a 30 minute dive with the sharks and rays. (if air supply allows).
Don’t wait, book your shark dive experience today!
This is not a certification course. Additional training is required in order to become a certified diver.
- Bathing suit
- Scuba certification card (if you are certified)
- Medical release signed by doctor (if you answered “yes” on medical questionnaire)
- Cash for optional tipping (Credit card only will be accepted for photos purchase)
Optional Tipping and Instructions:
The dive instructors and photographers rely on your tips and gratuity as part of their income. Working on in the dive industry requires investing in extensive and expensive training, equipment and insurance. Please support the highly trained staff ability to continue to provide a safe and outstanding Oahu scuba diving experience. Here is a basic, industry-wide guideline for tipping: Average service: optional, Excellent service: 5-10%, Outstanding service, 10%+. An ATM is located at the entrance of the Shark Exhibit
Requirements and Restrictions for Shark Tank Scuba and Sea Life Park:
- Park admission is included with the program.
- It is important to arrive 30 minutes before the start of your reserved program at Sea Life Park Hawaii.
- Bring your own towel and swimwear. Changing facilities are available.
- NO jewelry (including piercing jewelry) or anything that can potentially fall off in the water, such as sunglasses, glasses, rings, bracelets, necklaces, hair ties etc.
- Use only biodegradable sunscreen to protect the animals and their environment. Approved sunscreen is available in our gift shop.
- Photos are available for purchase (credit card payment only).
- Each participant must be 10 years or older. Participants under 15 years old must be accompanied in the park by a paying adult (18 years or older).
- Children 15 years and older may participate on their own during the program.
- Participants under 15 years old, guardians and minors must fill out and sign the Youth Responsibility Acknowledgement Release and review the Youth Flip Chart.
- Program lasts approximately 120 minutes (approx. 30 minutes in the water).
- All scuba dive equipment will be provided.
- Pregnant women are NOT allowed to participate.
- Please complete the Discover Scuba Diving Releases and Medical Questionnaire.
- A ‘Yes’ Response on the previous Medical Questionnaire will require you and your physician to complete and sign the PADI Medical Statement Form stating that you are fit to dive. This is ONLY needed if you have a ‘Yes’ response to any of the medical questions on the Medical Questionnaire.
- Certified Divers are welcome to participate. The Instruction will continue to be in a non-certified teaching format for procedural purposes. Certified Divers will be required to watch the training video and participate in the briefings.
- Please note: This is not a certification course. Additional training is required in order to become a certified diver.
Transportation is available for an additional fee from select Waikiki locations and must be reserved 48 hours prior to arrival date.
If driving to Sea Life Park, parking is included with admission.
If there are members of your party that would like to observe your experience, please advise they are required to purchase a general admission ticket to Sea Life Park. Please select during checkout.
Any changes or rescheduling within 48 hours of your scheduled tour time is subject to an $85 rebooking fee.
Please check-in at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.
Transportation to Sealife Park can be reserved for an additional $20 per person round trip. Pick up will be at a designated location nearest to your hotel, (but not guaranteed to be your specific hotel). Pick up times are 8am and 11am. Remember you have a full day pass to Sealife Park, so arrive early and enjoy all the exhibits before your afternoon dive. Departure time will be at 5pm.
If driving to Sea Life Park, parking is included with admission. We recommend allowing 1 hour of travel time if coming from Waikiki to account for unexpected traffic.
Address: 41-202 Kalanianaole Hwy #7, Waimanalo, HI 96795