UPDATED 2022: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 8:30 AM
- Duration: 5 Hours 30 Minutes
Spend a Fun-Filled Day Kayaking at Your Pace!
While you are listening to a thorough safety briefing given by one of our experienced office assistants, we show you around the area and you decide where and how you want to spend your day!
Take a drive through the windward side. The windward coast of Oahu has over 12 varieties of seabirds inhabiting this flourishing coastline. You’ll can go to the Kane’ohe Sandbar or Chinaman’s hat. Perfect for the courageous and curious thrill-seekers who want to do things on their own! This is a day enjoyed by all!
Your adventure starts by meeting us at our shop to sign waivers and take part in our safety briefing with weather assessment, paddling map, and orientation of the paddling area. Upon completion, an experienced staff member will give you a paddling lesson. From there, you will need to drive to the desired location (Sandbar or Chinaman’s Hat) and depart on a unique unguided kayak adventure of our beautiful.
- Kayak, life jacket, paddle
- Back rest (seats) and
- Dry bag
- Picnic lunch
- Safety Briefing/ orientation
- Paddling instructions
- Wear comfortable swimwear and shoes or sandals good for walking on rocks. Be prepared for a little exercise and to get wet.
- Bring sunscreen, underwater camera, hat, sunglasses, and eyeglass retainer strap if you wear glasses/sunglasses.
- Minimum age is 13 years old.
- Minimum 2 people per booking.
- Tandem kayak (2 person) is the standard kayak used for pairs so long as weight doesn’t exceed 360 lbs. This is for safety and ease for paddling. If there is an odd number in your party that person will go on a single kayak
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
- A Credit Card is required as a security deposit for the kayaks and other gear.
Location: Sun and Salt Adventures Hawaii
Address: 134 Hamakua Dr Unit B, Kailua, HI 96734
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Vs35TnJhDuvnSdo36
Round-trip transportation from the Waikiki area is available at an additional fee. Please select at check out (prices subject to change).
Check-in: For Drive-Out Guests, please check-in 15 minutes prior to your tour time.
Parking: There is onsite parking when you drive in. Please drive your vehicle in, turn around at the back of the lot, and park your vehicle towards the front of the lot along the fence.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- Only book Single Kayak if you have an odd number in your party!