This tour has been modified and improved! Please check it out here.
This fun-filled option allows you to spend your day as you want!
While you are listening to a thorough Safety-Briefing, given by one of our experienced office assistants, we’ll show you around the area and you decide where and how you want to spend your day!
Paddle out to Lanikai beach and go snorkeling. Probably you’ll stop at several of our close offshore islands which will include swimming and relaxing on white sandy beaches while sea and shore birds flock overhead and nest near-by. The windward coast of Oahu has over 12 varieties of seabirds inhabiting this flourishing coastline. While on the island you will gently trek to natural pools or a breath-taking cove. Perfect for the courageous and curious thrill seekers who want to do things on their own!
This will be a day enjoyed by all!
Your adventure begins at our shop in world famous Kailua to sign waivers and take part in our safety briefing with weather assessment, paddling map, and orientation of the paddling area. Upon completion, you’ll be accompanied to Kailua Beach Park by an experienced staff member who will help you get started and give you a paddling lesson.
From there you will depart on a unique unguided kayak adventure of our beautiful reef protected bay to enjoy your day of adventure in our calm turquoise waters filled with endangered sea turtles and seabirds. After lunch on one of two islands (bird sanctuaries), you can go for a gentle walk to secret cove, or if you feel adventurous, go kayak surfing! Then land your kayak on the tropical pristine white-sand beaches for swimming, hiking, snorkeling, and sunning.
- Kayak, Life Jacket, Paddle
- Snorkel Gear, Seat Backs, and Dry Bags
- Picnic Lunch of Your Choice
- Permit for landing your kayak on Moku Nui or on Popoi’a Island
- Safety Briefing/ orientation
- Paddling instructions
- Step-by-step Map to get to the beach
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 8:30 AM
- Duration: 5 Hours 30 Minutes
- Weight limitations:
- Maximum weight for Single Kayaks is 300 lbs.
- Maximum weight for Tandem Kayaks is 400 lbs
- Maximum weight for XL Tandem Kayaks is 500 lbs
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
Address: 134 Hamakua Drive, Kailua 96734
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/7CZnafgahTgbHPDX9
Check-in: Please check-in 30 minutes prior to your tour time.
Parking: There is onsite parking when you drive in. Please drive your vehicle in, turn around at the back of the lot and park your vehicle towards the front of the lot along the fence.
Only book Single Kayak if you have an odd number in your party!