Sunset to Diamond Head
Glide into sunset with spectacular views!
Approximately 2 hours
4:00 PM, 4:30 PM, or 5:00 PM
(Depending on the season)
Your evening Segway experience begins with personalized training by our expert Segway guides where instructions are a breeze as you learn to effortlessly glide on your very own Segway Personal Transporter.
We then glide along around the Honolulu Zoo – and might even catch a glimpse of a giraffe or zebra – and around historic Kapiolani Park, created by King Kalakaua and stockholders originally as an exclusive residential district that included a horse track in 1876. It was named for Queen Kapiolani, King Kalakaua’s wife.
We then glide up Diamond Head Road – riding the ‘face’ of Diamond Head Crater and take in the stunning $Million-dollar estates as you approach the historic Diamond Head Lighthouse and the Amelia Earhart lookout just in time for our Hawaiian sunset. We arrive the lookout point with its spectacular views of Koko Head Crater, Molokai and Maui Islands in the distance, and the surfers below and Waikiki and the Leeward Coast of Oahu. You may even catch a glimpse of a whale during the winter months! After our rest stop, you’ll see the historic cottage homes along Coconut Avenue, the Natatorium Memorial and Waikiki Aquarium as you glide Oceanside along Queens Beach Promenade and fun Waikiki back to your starting point.
Where To Go For Your Segway Tour:
Please meet your Segway guide at our Tour Center at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, ground floor courtyard, behind the ABC Store — 2552 Kalakaua Avenue in Waikiki.
Guests should arrive 15-minutes prior to their scheduled tour time.
Segway of Hawaii Recommendations:
- It is a good idea to put plenty of sunscreen on prior to your tour, as you are out in the beautiful Hawaiian sun throughout your tour.
- We also recommend wearing lightweight clothes, any kind of comfortable shoes (sneakers/flip flops – but, no heels for the ladies), sunglasses are a good idea…..and, don’t forget your camera!
-There is a small bag on the front of all Segway Personal Transporters that can accommodate a small bag or backback.
Things You May Need To Know:
- Segway of Hawaii maintains strict monitoring of all its vehicles to ensure they are well-maintained, cleaned and charged for each customer.
- Weight and Age Restrictions may apply, please inquire.
- Safety helmets are a must and are provided for each rider at no extra charge.
- Our staff is well trained in Segway technology to ensure every customer has the best possible experience.
- An insurance waiver along with a major bank credit card and/or deposit are required.
- Segway of Hawaii embraces the Aloha Spirit, offering extreme weather refunds and rain checks on the rental portion of your contract. However, refunds and rain checks cannot be granted for Hawaii’s light, pineapple showers, so always call us if you’re not sure. We will try our best to accommodate your special needs whenever possible.