UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday and Friday
- Tour Time: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
Hawaii is the only state in the United States that produces coffee commercially. Back in 1828, Samuel Reverend Ruggles planted the very first coffee tree in the world-renowned Kona District on the Big Island. That tree originated from a tree planting he brought from Oahu.
Hawaii is also the only state that can grow cacao commercially due to its tropical climate. Chocolate is made from the seeds of this tropical fruit tree.
This tour is a small group tour, and you’ll ride in comfort in either a Mercedes Sprinter or a luxury minibus. Max capacity is 20 guests.
- Island X Coffee: A narrated tour of the Waialua Coffee Mill, Oahu’s only commercial coffee plantation. The farm is built on an old sugar mill plantation at an elevation of 700 feet. The growing conditions are ideal- deep, porous, well-draining soil of volcanic origin combined with the right amount of rainfall. You’ll get to sample fresh roasted Waialua coffee along the way.
- The beauty of the North Shore: The North Shore of Oahu is world-renowned for its surfing beaches including Waimea Bay, Sunset Beach, and Banzai Pipeline. You’ll view and learn about the most famous surfing locales in the world from the comfort of one of our luxury buses.
- Kahuku Farms: You’ll lunch at Kahuku Fruit Stand, known for its fried local banana! This year marks their tenth year of “pizza bakin’ jelly makin’ smoothie servin’ garden growin’ tractor ridin’ fun”! This place is as cute as it sounds and uniquely North Shore.
- Kahana Bay: You’ll then make a brief stop at Kahana Bay Beach Park. The area around Kahana, especially mauka (toward the mountain), was a native Hawaiian fishing and farming community prior to western contact. Kahana Bay provided a sustainable supply of fish and shellfish. Kahana is a relatively unspoiled valley, and one of only a few publicly owned ahupua’a, or ancient Hawaiian land divisions, in the state.
- Manoa Chocolate: Hawaii is the only state in the U.S. that can grow cacao commercially due to our tropical climate. Chocolate is made from the seeds of this tropical fruit tree. Manoa Chocolate began when friends at the University of Hawaii were studying cacao as a crop for the state. While touring the factory, you’ll sample some of their delectable treats and see some of their original equipment- including a barbeque and tricycle-powered winnower.
- Dress in casual clothing and wear flat, comfortable shoes.
- This excursion involves walking over sandy, grassy, and gravel surfaces, it is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties.
- This excursion will operate in all weather conditions.
Pick-up offered in the Ko Olina area. Please see the Transportation tab for pick-up locations and schedules.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Bottled water upon embarkation of vehicle
- The order of sites visited may vary.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
Ko Olina Pickup Locations:
- 8:00 AM – Ko Olina Marina
- 8:05 AM – Ko Olina Beach Villas
- 8:10 AM – Aulani, a Disney Resort
- 8:15 AM – Four Seasons, Ko Olina