Beginner surfers will learn to surf in an atmosphere of fun and understanding through the promotion of proper surfing form, technique, and etiquette. They will learn about water safety, ocean awareness, and wave conditions. You will catch your first waves as a surfer in warm Hawaiian waters.
The first 20 minutes you and the instructor will spend together on land. You will:
- Watch the ocean and the waves together and talk about ocean safety.
- Get instruction on how to paddle and position yourself on the board.
- Learn how to read the waves.
- Time to get wet! You will paddle out to where the waves are breaking. Your instructor will be by your side to help you and guide you the whole time.
- You will get out in the ocean and learn to stand up.
- You will work on correct wave etiquette, style, and technique.
- Your instructor will talk with you about the world of surfing, some basic rules of surfing, and answer questions.
- After that, you will use our board and practice on your own.
- Private Lessons (1 on 1 with you and your surf instructor) – required for kids 4-6 years old
- Semi-Private (2-3 People + Instructor)
- Availability: Daily
- Times: 7:00 AM, 8:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:00 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- The minimum age for Private lessons is four (4) years old.
- The minimum age for Semi-Private lessons is seven (7) years old.
- Minimum of 2 participants required to book for the Semi-Private Lesson.
- For safety reasons, we don’t allow students to take photographs during their class. We offer professional photography and video packages of you in action.
- For your security, at check-in you are required to present the credit card that was used to pay for your booking and matching valid photo identification. The name listed on your credit card must be identical to the contact name listed on your booking.
Address: Waikiki Beach Walk (enter through Embassy Suites), 226 Lewers St. #154
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/cgt8KWgi4pa8BULGA
Valet Parking available at the Embassy Suites via Beachwalk st or Wyndham via Lewers st. We validate parking for both. There are meters and street parking; however you can get a ticket or be towed if you are parked illegally.