“Pau Hana” is when we gather to relax and socialize after work. Our Pau Hana tour allows you to do the same while on vacation!
Explore deep, meandering valleys set in the rainforest of the ancient West Maui Mountains. Knife-edged ridges with mist-shrouded peaks separate the spectacular valleys that give Maui its nickname, “The Valley Isle.” See the famous Iao valley and learn about the history and culture of the sights from your pilot, who is also a State of Hawaii Certified Tour Guide.
Tour over ‘The Valley Isle” and land at our exclusive and scenic landing site in the pastoral setting of Ulupalakua Ranch (Upcountry Maui) where breathtaking views of Maui and neighboring island Kaho’olawe can be had. Enjoy light refreshments while your pilot points out some of Maui’s highlights before boarding to return to Kahului.
- Tropical Rainforests
- Lush Valleys
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times:
- November-January 1: 2:35 PM, 3:40 PM
- January 2-Onward: 2:30 PM, 3:40 PM
- Duration: 50 Minutes
- Wear solid dark-colored clothing. Our helicopters are temperature controlled so dress comfortably but wear dark clothing. This will cause less reflection in the windows to allow a clear view of all the sights.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, taking a precautionary anti-motion sickness medication is a good idea. However, our flights are very smooth and turns are slow and gentle.
- Bring your camera or cell phone (on airplane mode) to take photos and video of your tour.
- Hats are not allowed to be worn around the helicopters as they can fly up into the rotors and damage the aircraft. We will be happy to hold any hats for you until you return from your tour.
- Do not go SCUBA diving within 24 hours or SNUBA 12 hours prior to your tour. You may snorkel or swim prior to your tour and there is no risk in SCUBA or SNUBA after your helicopter tour.
- FAA regulations require us to weigh all guests and bags at check-in. We do this discreetly for your privacy. Please be accurate as possible when providing weight information.
- For each guest weighing more than 240 pounds, an adjacent empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off of the regular tour price. This open seat ensures the comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight.
- Front Row Seating Policy: Combined front row seat weight must be under 470 lbs for Eco-Star tours and individual passenger weights must be under 240 lbs. Should actual weights during check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and a refund will be made for the premium upgrade fee. Front row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. At least one of the front seat occupants must be 15 years of age or older and capable of performing emergency aircraft egress procedures. Lap children cannot be accommodated in the front row. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors.
- Our chair lifts are able to accommodate passengers up to 250 lbs. and are only able to access the rear row of seats therefore guests requiring a chair lift to board the helicopter cannot be accommodated in the front row.
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters is a Part 135 On-Demand Air Carrier. Preferred times may be adjusted due to demand and availability. Flight departures are approximate and may change according to seasonality.
Location: Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
Address: 1 Lelepio Pl, Kahului, HI 96732
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/zHveYNSu8ZESUqb18
Parking: Available for $7 at the Kahului Heliport.
Check-in: Please check-in 45 minutes prior to your tour.