There is a good reason this all-day excursion across East Maui is called a “heavenly” tour, with it weaving and winding to some of the island’s most divine destinations, including Keanae Lookout, Waianapanapa State Park, and the Seven Sacred Pools.
As you travel along on this 68-mile trip, your experienced driver and friendly guide gives a captivating narration of the island’s secrets all along the way. Weaving through the lush tropical rainforest, there are more than 600 curves & 59 one-lane bridges on the Road to Hana with stunning vistas, cascading waterfalls, and scenic coastal scenery galore! It’s more about the journey rather than the destination on the Road to Hana, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the view from our comfortable air-conditioned mini-coaches.
Tour Overview (* denotes stops made):
- Hookipa Lookout* – Maui’s famous North Shore beach where surfing and windsurfing competitions are held and waves can reach 25 feet in the winter months.
- Kaumahina State Wayside Park* – This forested park offers scenic views of Maui’s coastline. It is also home to beautiful and exotic plants.
- Keanae Lookout* – This lookout gives you a magnificent view of Maui, from the rocky black lava coast to its opulent green Hawaiian taro fields.
- Waikani Falls – Also known as the Three Bears Falls, this popular waterfall features three parallel waterfalls splashing from as high as 1000 feet into the pool below.
- Puaa Kaa Wayside State Park – Verdant tropical rainforest with breathtaking waterfalls and glistening pools.
- Waianapanapa State Park* – Means “glistening fresh water” in Hawaiian. This picturesque park features a native hala forest, a natural stone arch, blowholes, freshwater streams, a legendary cave, sparkling pools, and a black sand beach.
- “Heavenly” Hana Town – This “heavenly” town is home to Pii-lani Temple, the largest heiau in Hawaii, exotic flowers, rich history, a famous general store, and so much more.
- Palikea Stream – The largest perennial stream on Maui.
- Charles Lindbergh’s Grave* – The burial ground of prominent aviator, inventor, explorer, author, and activist Charles Lindbergh. In 1927, Lindbergh became the first person to make a non-stop solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time: 5:15 AM
- Waikiki Pickups: 5:00 AM – 5:20 AM
- Waikiki Returns: 8:00 PM – 8:30 PM (depending on return flight departure time)
- Duration: 9 Hours 30 Minutes (approx)
- Moderate walking. Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately
- You may wish to bring a light jacket as it gets cooler upcountry.
- The ride to Hana may be rough as there are stretches of uneven surfaces.
- Locations/routes may be modified due to national and state park advisories.
- All guests must bring a valid ID for airport security check-in. International guests must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
- Children under 2 years of age are considered FREE if child is on lap and does not occupy a seat. Please let us know in the comments section when booking.
- All one-day tours are subject to availability, change without notice, and include round-trip transfers from Waikiki hotels and round-trip airfare to the destination island
Departure and Return Information:
- This tour departs from Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL)
- Address: 300 Rodgers Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96819
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/PTnXMY42cwNiqLmR9
- Please inform us of any food allergies or special dietary requests 24 hours in advance. Guests should advise server of any food allergies when dining. Menu is subject to change.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be included in the comments section when booking. Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service.
There is a NO CANCELLATION & NO REFUND policy on all ONE-DAY FLYAWAY Tours. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.
Breakfast Bento which includes:
Breakfast Bento – Scrambled Eggs, Crispy Bacon and Hapa Rice
Vegetarian Option – Scrambled Eggs, Sliced Tomato and Hapa Rice
Coffee, Tea, or bottle water
LUNCH SERVICE: Eaten at Waianapanapa State Park Or Hana Bay Pavilion at approx. 12:30PM.
Picnic lunch which includes chips, cookie, and choice of:
Turkey Sandwich – Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, Swiss Cheese, Local Organic Greens, Haiku Tomatoes, Cranberry Aioli on a Local Artisan Roll
Beverage – Passion Orange Juice or Water
Vegetarian and Gluten Free Options:
Veggie Sandwich – Local Organic Mixed Greens, English Cucumbers, Haiku Tomatoes, Swiss
Cheese, and Miso Vinaigrette on a Local Artisan Roll
GLUTEN FREE OPTION: Organic Salad – Local Organic Mixed Greens, Organic Radish, Organic Carrots, Macadamia Nuts with Lilikoi Vinaigrette.
Note: Please inform us of any food allergies or special dietary requests 24 hours in advance. Guests should advise server of any food allergies when dining. Menu is subject to change.