On this inter island sightseeing adventure tour on Kaua’I you will enjoy a day filled with natural beauty, legends of Hawaii’s “Garden Isle”. Your adventure will allow you to view the breathtaking vistas of Waimea Canyon, which Mark Twain called, “the Grand Canyon of the Pacific”. The canyon is 10 miles long, 1 mile wide, and more than 3,500-feet deep. It was carved thousands of years ago by rivers and floods that flowed from Mount Waialeale’s summit and the collapse of the volcano that created Kaua’i.
Waimea Canyon State Park encompasses 1,866 acres and is one of the most popular tourist attractions on the island. There are many nature trails and beautiful wilderness to see. Enjoy the drive along Route 580, which provides gorgeous views of the Wailua River. We’ll make several 5-10 minute stops to capture those once in a lifetime memories, and stretch our legs and plenty of chances for a bathroom break.
We will continue along the southern coast we will drive through Poipu, a beautiful resort getaway, and home of the Spouting Horn. This natural wonder occurs when water rushes under a lava shelf and bursts through a small opening at the surface, with a hissing sound and reminiscent of a blowhole.
After all of this, we head back toward the Wailua River for your Wailua River Cruise (admission included)! This is the only riverboat trip in all of Hawaii! Sail up this historic, sacred river and enjoy the natural beauty of the island. This little river cruise takes about 40 minutes (one way) on a long, flat-bottom boat.
Serene, picturesque, and definitely a highlight of your vacation, the Waimea Canyon, Wailua River & Fern Grotto Adventure is not to be missed!
- Quick Flight from Oahu Included
- View beautiful Waimea Canyon and Hanapepe Valley
- See the Spouting Horn blowhole at Poipu on the beautiful south shore of Kaua’i
- View historic Old Koloa the birth place of sugar in Hawaii
- Cruise the Wailua River on a Boat Ride
- Views the Fern Grotto (Fare included)
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time: 5:00 AM
- Duration: 15 Hours
- Guests are advised to NOT bring large or heavy bags on the flight.
- To meet aviation security requirements, guest’s name, birth date and gender is required when booking reservations. Names must exactly match the name and birth date on government-issued photo ID and/or passport for airline check-in.
- Passengers must clear TSA at the Honolulu Airport, so please bring a passport or your government-issued photo ID.
Departure & Return Information:
- This tour departs Waikiki at approximately 5:00 am and returns at approximately 9:00 pm. Flight schedules change frequently. Details will be confirmed after booking.
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Waikiki. If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, we will pick you up at the closest location in the Waikiki area.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- This tour does not operate Christmas, New Year’s Day or Thanksgiving.
There is a NO CANCELLATION & NO REFUND policy on all ONE-DAY FLYAWAY Tours. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.