UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Tuesday and Thursday
- Tour Time: 6:00 AM
- Duration: 10 Hours 15 Minutes (approx.)
Our new and exciting small group adventure takes you out of Waikiki to the beautiful North Shore of Oahu. Your driver guide will pick you up in Waikiki and will share the Mo’olelo (story) of this beautiful island on our morning drive. We’ll cross the Nu’uanu Pali Highway to the windward coastline surrounded by the towering Ko’olau Mountain Range, then onward to the famous North Shore where waves pound pristine white sandy beaches. Once on the North Shore, the real adventure begins. Your morning horse ride will take you up scenic mountain trails, through open pastures and a serene forest. Then enjoy a picnic lunch and soak up the beauty of the ranch. On our way back to Waikiki we’ll visit historic Haleiwa Town, home to Hawaii’s famous treat, shave ice.
Chinaman’s Hat, officially Mokoli’i, or “little lizard” in Hawaiian, an islet in Kaneohe Bay aptly named for the cone-shaped hat worn by Chinese immigrants. Chinaman’s Hat will be viewed near Kualoa as we wind our way along the scenic coastline.
North Shore Surfing Breaks, including world famous Sunset, Waimea Bay, and others, are viewed from your tour vehicle as it crosses the island’s big wave territory. The region is known for its fabulously large wintertime waves and international surfing competitions.
Historic Haleiwa Town, with its preserved old plantation character and surf town image, makes its shops and restaurants popular among visitors and Oahu residents. It’s the gateway to the North Shore for those arriving from Honolulu and is the area’s largest commercial center.
- Cross the Nu’uanu Pali Highway over to Windward Oahu.
- See Chinaman’s Hat island offshore near Kualoa.
- Enjoy a 1.5 hours horseback ride through stunning scenery.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the ranch.
- North Shore world famous surfing beaches of Sunset, Waimea Bay, and others.
- Visit charming, historic Haleiwa Town.
- See the coffee and pineapple farms of Central Oahu.
- Long pants, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Recommend bringing an extra pair of shoes to change into as the grounds may be dusty or muddy.
- Guests must be at least 7 years of age to participate.
- Maximum weight for horseback riding: 240 lbs., under 18 years must ride with a helmet
- No pregnant riders allowed
- All guests are required to attend the 8:45 riding demonstration. If guests miss this, there is no guarantee they will be allowed on tour.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
- Tour will operate rain or shine, but if Gunstock Ranch cancels; guests will be welcomed on an extended Grand Circle Island sightseeing tour or may rebook their tour.
- Pick-up is offered in the Waikiki area. Please see Transportation tab for pick-up locations and schedule.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up location.
- Level of difficulty: easy to moderate.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
Lunch Menu at Gunstock Ranch:
- Cold cut sandwiches (turkey, ham, roast beef) on homemade bread served with:
- Fresh local fruit
- Homemade chocolate cookie
- Beverage (water or juice)
- Picnic Lunch (Gluten-Free Sandwich):
- A deli sandwich on gluten-free bread served with fresh fruit, chips, a drink, and gluten-free cookies.
- Vegetarian Salad:
- Tossed green salad with dressing and a side of fresh fruit, chips, a drink, and tasty cookies.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
Pick up Schedule:
- 6:15 AM – PRINCE WAIKIKI HOTEL (Entrance facing the boat harbor)
- 6:15 AM – ALA MOANA HOTEL (HONOLULU, OAHU) (outside the Mahukona St. entrance)
- 6:15 AM – AQUA PALMS WAIKIKI (in front of IHOP)
- 6:20 AM – HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE (Grand Islander Bus Depot)
- 6:25 AM – HALE KOA HOTEL WAIKIKI (Front Entrance)
- 6:25 AM – HOTEL LACROIX (WAIKIKI GATEWAY) (Side Entrance Olohana St)
- 6:30 AM – SHERATON WAIKIKI HOTEL (Tour Bus Terminal (Aloha Landing))
- 6:30 AM – HOKULANI BY HILTON GRAND VACATIONS, Curbside on Lewers St. under the Hokulani sign by the bottom of the escalator.
- 6:35 AM – ROSS DRESS FOR LESS (Curbside at Seaside Ave)
- 6:35 AM – HILTON GARDEN INN WAIKIKI (Curbside on Walina St)
- 6:40 AM – OHANA WAIKIKI EAST (Curbside outside front entrance on Kaiulani Ave)
- 6:45 AM – HYATT REGENCY WAIKIKI (Koa Ave – curbside, under green awning)
- 6:55 AM – ASTON WAIKIKI BEACH (Curbside Paoakalani St)