Explore the halls the Kings and Queens of Hawaiʻi once walked and see the past come to life!
This “must-do” experience includes comfortable, round-trip transportation on our deluxe mini-bus from Waikīkī.
First stop – the statue of King Kamehameha the Great. Here our guide shares a brief history of Kamehameha I, how he conquered all the islands and united them under one rule and what he means to the Hawaiian People.
Next we head to the State Capitol building where Guests are led through the rotunda and learn what the architecture represents. We are then greeted by the statue of Queen Liliu‘okalani at ʻIolani Palace where our guide will provide a traditional oli (chant), asking permission to enter the palace grounds. If permission is granted, guests will the experience the following:
- A 15 minute video that shares an overview history of the palace along with the
overthrow of the Hawaiian Monarchy
- A 50 minute guided tour of ‘Iolani Palace and walk in the footsteps where our ali’i lived
- Hawaiʻi’s Crown Jewels
- The Throne Room
- The Famous ‘Blue Room’
Following your palace tour is a local-style lunch at Bishop Museum! Next to the natural beauty of our island’s Bishop Museum, founded in 1889, features the world’s premier cultural collections from Hawaiʻi and the Pacific.
Continuing the story at Bishop Museum Guests will be taken on a 50-minute guided tour of the Hawaiian Hall Complex galleries and experience these highlights:
- The Kāhili Room – shares the chiefly heritage and showcases the grand kāhili (feather standards) associated with Hawaiʻi’s monarchy
- The Picture Gallery which includes aliʻi portraits and depictions of chiefly residences
After a guided tour of Hawaiian Hall, guests may take time to explore through the galleries on their own.
- Days: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- Tour Time: 8:00am
- Duration: 7 Hours
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- Bishop Museum does not have an ATM on property, please plan accordingly.
Pick up required from one of the following locations.
- Ala Moana Hotel (Mahukona St., curbside) (8:00am)
- Ilikai Hotel (Flag Pole) (8:05am)
- Hale Koa Hotel (in front of lobby) (8:10am)
- La Croix/Gateway Hotel (Olohana St. bus stop) (8:15am)
- Sheraton Waikiki (Aloha Landing) (8:20am)
- Seaside Ave. (in front of Ross Dress for Less) (8:25am)
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki (Koa Avenue) (8:30am)
- Alohilani Resort (8:35am)
- *Waikiki Beach Marriott (Paoakalani Ave. entrance) (8:35am)
- Pier 2 for Cruise Ships (in front of Terminal) (9:05am)
*Effective January 30, 2019: Aston Waikiki Beach (Paoakalani Ave.) will replace Waikiki Beach Marriott pick up location. Pick up time 8:40am.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to assigned pick up time.