Stand up paddle surfing is taking the world by storm. If you have not seen people doing it on your local lake, river, ocean or favorite surf spot it won’t be long.
And no wonder, it is easy and fun. It is a great way to enjoy the water and get a low impact workout. Minimal skill is needed to get started, but there are many skills to master. Wave surfing will keep you challenged for years. Working the board down the troughs of waves on a coast run is very technical, and mastering the proper paddling stroke is a worthy quest.
Stand up paddle class lessons
- Let our instructors give you a head start in this growing, diverse water sport. Entry level paddlers learn the basics of getting up, stance, paddling and form, turning and other basics.
- Intermediate paddlers can refine their ocean knowledge, paddle technique, board turning, downwind, crosswind, and upwind paddling skills.
Private SUP lessons and excursions
- Advanced stand up paddlers can make the most of their time on the water in Maui by spending it with a pro. Few people know Maui’s ocean environment like Scott Trudon. Scott is an avid waterman with a background that includes 10 years of professional windsurfing, 35 years of surfing, winning the Maui International Paddleboard Championships and 10-plus years of racing from Molokai to Oahu.
- Lessons are taught at various locations depending on conditions, skills and goals. Private lessons are recommended for experienced paddlers.
- Board and paddle are not included.
Stand up paddle lessons
- Semi-private class for 2-4 people
- Private lesson with a pro, 1.5 hours
- Private SUP excursion with a pro, 2 hours
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Customized
- Duration: 1.5 hours, 2 hours
- Participants must be 7 years and older.
- Minimum weight must be 60 lbs and maximum weight must be 230 lbs.
- All lessons are by appointment. We will take reservations the day of the lesson or up to a year in advance.
- All lessons are subject to weather conditions, of course. If the weather is not suitable for your lesson, it will be postponed until conditions are right for your lesson. There is no charge for lessons canceled by the operator due to bad weather.
Location: inside Hi-Tech Surf Sports
Address: 425 Koloa Street, Kahului, HI 96732
Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/4mu8SoUD7ywW2AfCA