Located right above the Kapalua Airport and just minutes from Kanapali beach and Lahaina is our Westside location. This location consists of over 1,400 acres of riding terrain with the most breathtaking views of the ocean.
Maui Off Road Adventures has partnered with the Pu’u Kukui Watershed Preserve to not only offer one of the most amazing riding experiences ever but also to educate our guests on the beauty and importance of this beautiful preserve. Pu’u kukui means “hill of enlightenment”. It is the summit of Mauna Kahalawai, the West Maui mountainside that forms a backdrop of Kapalua Resort. It is the home to plant and animal species that exist nowhere else in Hawaii, let alone the rest of the world. It’s also one of the wettest spots on earth: Pu’u Kukui is a natural watershed on which Kapalua Resort and most of the West Maui community rely on for water.
As part of an ongoing rehabilitation project to restore this beautiful mountainside to its indigenous landscape, Maui Off Road Adventures and it’s guests will plant Koa trees on each and every tour. The word “Koa” means “warrior” in Hawaiian. The Koa wood has long been used to build canoes and other important goods for the Hawaiian people and is a huge part of their culture. Koa is a treasured and valuable hardwood that represents integrity, and strength, which are foundational qualities of a marriage. Maui Off Road Adventures is proud and honored to be a part of such an important restoration project and allow our guests to enjoy such a magical and beautiful area at such an intimate level.
This 2 hour adventure tour combines amazing riding conditions with breathtaking scenic views of the ocean combined with total immersion into Hawaiian culture and pristine nature.
- Polaris RZR XP 4 900 and 1000 EPS
- All four-seater vehicles
- 899cc and 999cc fuel injected 4-stroke, DOHC Twin Cylinder Displacement 4×4
- Automatic Transmission, Safety roll bar cage, 4 point safety harness
- Weight capacity is 800 lbs. per vehicle
- Tour goes up to 2000 ft above sea level!
- Terrain of tour is rugged, with tight turns and rocky roads.
- Trail is not paved, natural dirt roads!
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 3:00 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Minimum 2 guests required to reserve this vehicle. If you are driving by yourself you must select the “Solo Vehicle option”. If you do not have passengers and select the regular Driver option you will be charged for the difference.
- All drivers MUST be at least 18 years of age to operate machines and MUST provide a valid Driver’s License.
- Guests 7 years and older are welcome on our tour. All guests under 18 must have a legal guardian sign for them.
- No recent surgeries, neck/back/knee problems, pregnant women, or any serious health conditions allowed on tours.
- Covered closed toe footwear is REQUIRED for all tours.
- Guests may get dusty or muddy depending on weather conditions. We recommend guests wear dark clothing or clothing they don’t mind getting stained. Clothing (top and bottom) is required to participate in tour.
- Safety Helmets and Goggles are provided by Maui Off Road Adventures and are required for all guests to wear.
- Maximum of 4 guests per vehicle. We never put people from other parties in your vehicle.
Location: Lahaina Adventure
Address: 4900 Honoapiilani Hwy, Lahaina, HI 96761
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/x7JbtkHFiavWyFYY7
- Following an orientation, all drivers must successfully drive a proficiency course. Both driver and passenger will have opportunities to switch off driving throughout the tour as there are 2 to 3 stops along the way for picture taking and resting.
- Our tours operate regardless of the weather so if it is raining prepared to get wet.
- Definitely an off-road adventure. Clients will get dusty and possibly very dirty.
- We do not provide showers and we do not have sinks. We have paper towels to wash hands, arms, and face but we recommend that you bring your own wipes.