- Haleakala National Park
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Island Tours
- Maui Eco Tours
- Maui Island Tours
- Maui Tours & Activities
- Observatory & Star Gazing
HELE ANA I NA HOKU (journey to the stars) with us on this extravagant tour featuring breathtaking views from Haleakala!
Come learn about the history of Maui and the native Hawaiians, and discover the ancient art of wayfinding: navigating by the stars. Your visit to the House of the Sun will lead you through sacred places to the summit of the world’s largest dormant volcano. Listen to legends passed down for generations that perpetuate the Hawaiian culture. Together as an ohana (family), we will experience the responsibility we have as malihini (guests) here in this magical place. Let us be your navigators to help you not just see, but also hear and feel the changes as the sun goes to sleep and the stars awake.
Hoku Star Points: *indicates stop
- Kula Lodge & Marketplace*
- Scenic Photo Stop (elev. 5,000; time and weather dependent)
- Haleakala National Park Headquarters
- Drive-by Halemau’u Trailhead (elev. 7990 feet)
- Leleiwi Overlook (elev. 8840 feet; time and weather dependent)
- Haleakala Visitor Center (elev. 9740 feet; time and weather dependent)*
- Sunset Dinner included
- Availability: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Tour Time: 3:30 PM (Summer), 2:30 PM (Winter) (Times are approximate)
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx)
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- Dress in layers (long pants, long sleeve shirt, closed shoes, and thick socks above the ankle, jacket and gloves recommended).
- Guests who are prone to motion sickness, please hydrate and consider taking an over-the-counter, non-drowsy motion sickness remedy and use pressure point, wrist bands.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and a camera.
- No scuba diving within 24 hours before & after your tour date to avoid decompression sickness.
- Due to high elevation, this tour is not recommended for those with heart, respiratory, or circulatory conditions, or people in generally poor health.
- Maui stargazing tours are not appropriate for those with pacemakers, wheelchairs or oxygen tanks.
- Pregnant women should consult their physician.
- Minimum age for this tour is 4 years or 40 pounds. Parents of children weighing 40-85 pounds and under 4’9” need to bring a booster seat according to Hawaii State law.
- All activities are at your own risk. No liability, expressed or implied, rests with Hoku Hawaii Tours or its officers.
- If you are late, you forfeit your spot on the astronomy tour at Haleakala National Park and the right to reschedule or receive a refund.
- Hoku Hawaii Tours reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a tour at the discretion of the management.
- Observation locations and equipment can be subject to change without notice.
- Not all tours are conducted under perfectly clear skies. If bad weather prevents telescope observation, you will receive a 25% refund.
Important Pick-Up Details:
- Free pick-up is available everyday from the Wailea area.
- Island wide pick-up is included free of charge on Tuesdays and Fridays ONLY.
- Pick-up is available for an additional fee on Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays. Please select during checkout.
- For guests who do not select transportation, a meeting point will be assigned in the Wailea area.
- Petite Kula Green Salad
- Kula-grown greens topped with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and ulupalakua citrus dressing
Dinner: Choice of one
- Kalbi Braised Short Ribs served with white rice and steamed vegetables
- Herb Roasted Chicken served with potato fingerlings and roasted vegetables
- Mango-Glazed BBQ Ribs with parmesan garlic fries and steamed vegetables
- Asian Herb Mahi- Mahi pan-roasted with local kale, Hamakua mushrooms with coconut forbidden rice and ginger-lime butter
- Pesto Linguini tossed with fire-roasted vegetables, basil pesto, and parmesan cheese
- Kiawe Prime Rib – Kiawe wood slow-roasted choice prime rib with a creamy horseradish sauce and au jus
- House soft drinks
- House-Baked Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Free pick-up is available everyday from the Wailea area. See pick-up points below.
Island wide pick-up is included free of charge on Tuesdays and Fridays ONLY.
Pick-up is available for an additional fee on Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays. Please select during checkout.
For guests who do not select transportation, a meeting point will be assigned in the Wailea area.
Pick-up Location and Time:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Wailea (Lobby) – 3:30 PM
- Fairmont Kea Lani (Lobby) – 3:35 PM
- Hotel Wailea Maui (Lobby) – 3:35 PM
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea (Lobby) – 3:40 PM
- Grand Wailea (Group Entrance) – 3:40 PM
- Wailea Beach Villas (Roadside) – 3:40 PM
- Wailea Ekahi Village (Roadside) – 3:50 PM
- Outrigger Palms at Wailea (Roadside) – 3:50 PM
- Andaz Maui at Wailea (Group Pickup Area) – 3:50 PM
- Wailea Elua Village (Roadside) – 3:55 PM
- Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Bus loading area – adjacent to front lobby) – 3:55 PM
- Wailea Ekolu Village (Roadside – closest to Wailea Ike Drive) – 4:00 PM
- Aston at the Maui Banyan (Roadside) – 4:00 PM
- Worldmark Kihei (Roadside) – 4:05 PM
- Maui Marketplace (Dairy Rd – In front of the Office Max) – 4:20 PM
Note: When waiting for transportation, you will be looking for a black mini-coach bus that says “Hoku Hawaii Tours” on it. Your navigator will be wearing black slacks and a white polo shirt with our Hoku logo on the front.