- Haleakala National Park
- Hawaii Activities Combo Packages
- Maui Tours & Activities
- Maui Volcano Tours
- Maui Zip Line Adventures
- Zip Line Adventures
Viewing the Maui sunrise atop the summit area of Haleakala is among the most sought-after experiences in the islands. The otherworldly landscape, altitude, unique flora, and pervasive influence of ancient Hawaiian culture combine to create an event simply beyond imagination. Translated from Hawaiian, Haleakala means “House of the Sun”, and as the most experienced of Haleakala tour providers, Polynesian Adventure Tours is ideally qualified to share the magic of the rising sun with you.
Your expert driver-guide will greet you at your hotel and welcome you aboard a state-of-art minibus that features wide side windows and an incredible panoramic front window well above the driver’s seat to open up the finest possible views of along the way to the summit area. Your driver’s superb live tour narration is augmented with captivating video segments shown on high-tech vehicle monitors. Upon descending from the dormant Maui volcano tour, you will join newfound friends for a delicious local style breakfast at Kula Lodge with its Upcountry hospitality and stunning views of the West Maui mountains before departing for your next adventure… Ziplining! This 3-hour experience will have you soaring through the trees. Our partners at Pi’iholo Ranch offer the longest side-by-side ziplines on Maui. This 5-line adventure is perfect for everyone!
- Hotel pickup in specially outfitted Grech deluxe minibus with USB ports, video monitors, climate control, and the best windows for viewing the Haleakala landscape
- Dormant Volcano Haleakala was formed approximately 1 million years ago through the building up of layers of flowing lava. It has been a sacred location for Polynesian people who settled on the island 400-650 A.D.
- Haleakala National Park is home to over 1,000 different species of plant life. During the 38-mile drive to the summit area, you will view the magnificent silversword plant, found nowhere else on earth, and will pass ancient sacred locations, and breathtaking views from the safety and comfort of your vehicle.
- Ranger Station of the Park is at 7,000 ft where a convenient rest top is taken, and visitor information is available.
- Viewing of Maui Sunrise as it rises above the clouds is the climax of the morning. The unforgettable show of light and color bursting into view is a spiritual experience for many. Majestic views from the 9,740 ft elevation are unparalleled anywhere. They are so expansive that under especially clear sky conditions other islands may be seen several miles away.
- Haleakala Visitor Center, constructed in 1936, is a small stone structure on the edge of a cliff. Information, souvenirs, and more. You’ll want to spend some time with the welcoming staff pleased to share their insights.
- Descend through the Clouds as you gently glide through the changes in topography, weather, and scenery accompany elevation changes.
- Views of Kula come into focus when approaching the open country slopes of the district meet agricultural land in this rustic region, home to early Portuguese and Chinese immigrant plantation workers.
- Scenic Upcountry Maui where misty mountain views, rich volcanic soil, and verdant farmland blends with a combination of early settlements and affluent new estates. The sunrise in Maui is truly one of a kind.
- Breakfast included at Kula Lodge, a local favorite, where you and your newly found friends will enjoy a delicious meal together.
- Zipline Adventure at Pi’iholo Ranch – side by side zipline. Five lines designed to showcase the ranch’s beautiful setting, the course crosses deep gulches and tall trees and offers stunning vistas from mountain to sea.
- Souvenir booklet containing facts, Hawaiian cultural information, and more.
- Hotel return after your singular morning on fabled Haleakala.
- Availability: Tuesday and Friday – Starting 7/23/2021
- Tour Times: 2:00 AM (Times are approximate & subject to change +/-30 minutes with sunrise)
- Duration: 13 Hours
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes.
- Dress warmly for your Haleakala tour as temperatures fluctuate.
- For Zipline, we recommend dressing comfortably for variable outdoor weather and bringing a hat, sunscreen, and a light cover-up.
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude.
- People who have gone scuba diving should wait 72 hours before going on this tour.
- This tour is operated on very rough, winding roads.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems.
- Zipline Age restrictions:
- Minimum age 8 years old.
- Zipline Weight Restrictions: 75 lbs to 275 lbs
- Guests under 15 years old must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperon on tour. (Chaperon form required.)
- Guests between 16 and 17 years old must have a parent or guardian present at check-in and sign waiver to participate.
- Physical Requirements:
- All guests must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity, carry a 12 pound trolley, grip handlebars, walk over uneven/muddy terrain, as well as ascend stairs and ramps.
- Please no guests with neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to zipline.
- Guests must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by Pi’iholo Ranch Zipline staff.
- There is no smoking, alcohol, or drug use allowed on the premises
- Closed-toe shoes are required. Please no Croc-style, walking sandals with open toes, Vibram FiveFingers, water shoes, or flip-flops.
- Don’t forget your camera! Make sure it has a strap for safety. Anything dropped on tour is gone for good.
- Don’t bring purses, backpacks, or large fanny packs; they won’t fit with your harness and there is no place to store such items.
- A storage box is provided for your keys.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 15-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
- No refunds if sunrise is not visible due to inclement weather conditions.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.