Bring your Ohana (family and friends) and enjoy one of our world’s most scenic & captivating roads. Our Ohana will take you around Maui’s eastern volcano to see breathtaking ocean and mountain views. Hana Highway features over 600 coastal turns and nearly 60 bridges, most are only one lane. Let our experienced guides take the wheel, while you enjoy a stress free tour along this historic road and around the Haleakala volcano.
A locally owned tour company, we specialize our tours on Maui. Take our ecotour along coastal Hana highway and into the lush rainforest of Maui’s eastern volcano, Haleakala. Riding the road to Hana is not your typical highway experience. Know before you go! Enjoy door to door service in our custom comfort vans seating up to 14 guests each. Meals are included in your ticket.
- Door to door service across Maui, including Kahului Harbor
- Full sit-down breakfast at 8:30am
- Tour along coastal and historic Hana highway into a lush Hawaiian rainforest
- Kea’nae Peninsula’s rugged, picturesque shoreline and stop for fresh banana bread*
- Swim time** (weather permitting) in the freshwater pool at the waterfalls of Pua’a Ka’a State Wayside Park, facilities available
- Wai’anapanapa State Park’s black sand beach, swim time** available (weather permitting), facilities available
- Relax, taking in countless waterfalls as your driver expertly navigates the hundreds of curves and nearly 60 one lane bridges along the journey
- Full lunch served in Hana
- Tour Hana Town, Hana Bay and the pier
- Enjoy local artwork and food from vendors in Hana*
- See the 7 sacred pools as we tour over Oheo bridge
- Time permitting, walk around the tranquil resting place of aviator Charles Lindbergh
- Continue around the southside of Haleakala to enjoy expansive coastal views and the windswept mountain slopes
*Bring spending money
**Swim at your discretion, our guides are not lifeguards
Full amenities provided: meals, drinks, a snack, beach towels, umbrellas, sunscreen, bug spray, first aid, even a sewing kit. By providing such amenities, each guest does not need to pack such a large day bag. Imagine the carefree feeling of having the details covered. Travel light and in comfort with our tour as we provide the necessities for a day around the Haleakala volcano.
- Highly qualified, knowledgeable, professional, and thoughtful guides.
- Custom comfort vans seat up to 14 guests. Windows are oversized with privacy tint and UV protection.
- Room to stand as you walk through the van. Vans are well maintained Ford Transit models with high roofs.
A well preserved favorite for many of Hana Highways travellers, features a church built in 1860, taro fields, and a volcanic coastline that makes for some of the best photo opportunities available.
Waianapanapa State Park
Sacred to the Hawaiians and a visitor’s paradise, Waianapanapa State Park features a volcanic black sand beach, Honokalani. Walk along the jet black shore, lined with wind twisted foliage, take in the exciting site of a lava cave. Swim time and facilities are available at this location.
Waterfalls throughout Maui’s Rainforest
Countless waterfalls can be seen along Hana Highway. Swim time available for you to enjoy a freshwater pool on the Haleakala volcano. Break away from the resort and enjoy the original swimming pool crafted by a waterfall, volcanic stone and incredible views.
Heavenly Hana Town
Hana town awaits as one of our destinations where you will encounter a step into the not so distant past, where life can move a little slower and with good reason. The local custom is to greet aloha with aloha, and with this important exchange, we enjoy a rich quality of life!
Beyond Hana, Haleakala’s windswept southern slopes
The breathtaking costal views of the Maui’s south side is an experience not to be missed. See other Hawaiian islands in the distance and soak up the magnificent costal beauty of undeveloped areas of Maui.
General overview of your full circle tour around the Haleakala Volcano:
- 7-8:20am Pick up service across Maui. Pick up time based on your location in west, south or central Maui, including Kahului Harbor, for cruise ships.
- 8:30am Complete breakfast served along Maui’s north shore overlooking the West Maui Mountains
- Head out along historic Hana highway, around Maui’s eastern volcano, Haleakala.
- Kaenae Peninsula. Take in the rugged shore, with its’ crashing waves and historic Church circa 1860.
- Enjoy countless waterfalls as you drive through Maui’s lush rainforest. Swim time available in a freshwater pool by a waterfall.*
- Waianapanapa State Park. Swim* at a black sand beach. Facilities available.
- Full Lunch served in Hana.
- Browse Hana Town with it’s historic pier and heavenly views.
- Leave Hana and continue around Haleakala, see the 7 sacred pools as you drive over the Oheo bridge
- Time permitting, see the tranquil resting place of famous aviator Charles Lindbergh
- Windswept slopes of Haleakala and “Maui’s Grand Canyon”
- Around 6pm, we aim to have you back at your hotel, condo, or cruise ship. Time may change due to traffic or weather.
- Available Days: Daily*
- Tour Times: 8:30am
- Duration: 7.5 Hours
*Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years Day
Wondering what you should bring? A camera, swimsuit, sunglasses, water-shoes, and spending money.
Please be ready 10 minutes before your pickup time. Pick up time and location will be confirmed after booking.
For private tours, there is a $100 gratuity charge per van (14 people per van). Please select number of vans according to your group size during checkout.