View pristine landscapes from makai (ocean) to mauka (mountain) on Kauai ATV’s Makauwahi Cave Tour.
This 4-hour tour takes you on plantation trails over Kauai’s most southern point. Hear the tales of Kamehameha from atop an inactive volcanic crater, explore famous movie sites, visit Makauwahi Cave Reserve, the most important dig site in the Hawaiian Islands.
- This tour provides the unique opportunity to help give back. Makauwahi Cave Reserve’s mission is to re-wild the landscape, ensuring the survival of native coastal plants and animals.
- Forest Restoration – You can help the reserve achieve its mission by donating and planting one of Kauai’s native plants yourself during the tour.
- Hang out with giant tortoises – The Tortoise Ranch at the reserve will teach guests about animal species and endemic plants as well as how techniques of the future are helping preserve the past.
- Freshwater Fishing – The calming effects of catch and release bass fishing at the Waita reservoir concludes this historic tour!
- Complimentary bandana
- Snacks and beverages
- Availability: Tuesday and Saturday
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Bring Swimsuit, Towel, Sunblock/Bug Spray.
- Water-friendly closed-toe shoes.
- Do not bring unprotected cameras and digital devices or anything that cannot get dirty, wet, or lost.*
*We will not be responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Polaris drivers must be 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum age is 5 years old.
- Minors (5-17) must be driven by a Parent or Legal Guardian at least 25 years of age.
- Maximum weight is 320 lbs.
- The person making this reservation is 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 2 or more guests to book. A single driver must pay the 2-person price.
- No bad back, neck, knee injuries, or recent surgeries in the last 3 months. No pregnancies allowed on tour.
- All participants must wear closed-toe water-friendly footwear. No flip-flops. Shoes must be worn into the waterfall to swim. No exceptions.
- Drivers are responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle while on the tour.
- Collateral is required upon check-in.
- There is no smoking or alcohol consumption during the tour. Guests who arrive intoxicated will be prohibited from participating in the tour.
- This tour requires hiking in and through the Makauwahi Cave Reserve. In order to enter the cave, you must be able to crawl on all fours as the entrance is a natural outlet.
Location: Kauai ATV
Address: 3477A Weliweli Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/v22E36ncWqzs6GyC7
- Please check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time.
- This tour involves hiking and walking over uneven terrain.
- The Makauwahi Cave is open to the public. Our tour provides educated guides to offer one on one information on the cave and the reserve itself.