UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily (DECEMBER through MARCH)
- Tour Times: 3:30 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Available daily when in-season, DECEMBER through MARCH, powerboat.
Every December through April, thousands of Humpback whales migrate to the warm waters of Hawaii. Come along see catch these beautiful mammals at their best on our exciting eco-friendly whale watching excursions. Dolphins are likely to be seen, too.
- Soda, juice, and water aboard.
- Powerboat Makai: a 15 passenger, 30’ Rib craft powerboat built for excitement, performance, versatility with plenty of sea spray, likely on trips. Covered and shaded cabin with ample seating.
Whales Guaranteed: If you don’t see whales on any of our “WHALE WATCH”-specific trips, come back again 1 more time for free! (Rerides only, no refunds. Reride is on trip of equal or lesser value.).
Location: Kawaihae Harbor (Convenient to Kona-Kohala resorts)
Address: 61-3527 Kawaihae Road, Waimea, HI 96743
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/SUrCLpvVu3XCbHj16
After you pass the Kawaihae Harbor entrance, follow the road. At the end, turn LEFT and then an IMMEDIATE RIGHT into GATE 13. Follow the road until you see a parking lot and a pier of boats. Look for a grey-and-black raft-style vessel. The vessel is homeported at the far end of the dock, at slip S-01, but will most often board from the loading area near the front of the boat ramp.
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
FH: Kawaihae Whale Watch