UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday and Thursday (Seasonal: April 16 – November 30)
- Tour Time: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 6 Hours
Take a ride on Kainalu (The Ocean Wave), across the ‘Au’Au Channel to the island of Lana’i.
Home to Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins, miles of sea cliffs, inaccessible coastlines with sea caves, ancient Hawaiian burial sites, King Kamehameha The Great’s favorite fishing grounds, and many of Hawaii’s best coral reefs.
Each trip is unique and where we will snorkel depends on the wind, swell, and sea conditions. Our experienced crew will choose the best destinations for the day.
For the most personalized snorkeling experience, we carry onboard Cressi Dive Frameless Masks with dry snorkels and adjustable Long Blade Fins.
First-time snorkeler? No worries! Our crew is happy to give you an introduction course. All guests must be able to swim.
Haven’t snorkeled in a long time or are a little nervous? No worries! We have floatation gear for everyone and will take the time to give you a little refresher to help you enjoy the experience.
Snorkel all the time but have a few questions? Just ask. We’ll do our best to help you out.
On the surface, keep an eye out for Dolphins and Whales. Under the surface, keep an eye out for Turtles, Tropical Reef Fish, and a variety of corals.
We stop at 2-3 snorkel sites and serve snacks at our first location as well as lunch on board before heading back to Lahaina.
- Onboard Restroom
- In water Guide
- Freshwater Shower
- Easy Ocean Access
- Adjustable Gear
- Lunch & Drinks
- Ice Cold Water
- Cushioned Seats
- 50/50 Shaded
- Flotation Devices
- Bring a towel, light jacket, and sunglasses/hat
- Sun-protective clothing such as rash guard or wetsuit top
- Reusable water bottle, and your camera.
- We recommend wearing your swimwear, but if you decide not to, don’t forget it! We have lots of dry storage onboard, so feel free to bring your bag of tricks with you.
- If you require a prescription mask, we recommend stopping by a snorkel store to pick up a rental prior to coming on the trip.
- No children under the age of 5.
- This trip is not always suitable for pregnant women, persons with back or neck injuries, persons with recent surgeries, or persons with limited physical abilities.
- You are welcome to bring your own bottle after snorkeling activities (no glass, please!)
- Our captain’s first priority is your safety and comfort. If deemed unsafe by our captains, we offer rescheduling or full refund options.
- Minimum 8 passengers to confirm tour. Maximum 18 passengers.
Location: Makai Adventure, Lahaina Harbor, Slip #16
Address: 675 Wharf St, Lahaina, HI 96761
Parking: We recommend parking in any of the paid parking lots located in Lahaina. These can be found on Luakini Street, Dickenson Street, Lahainaluna Street, and across the street from the harbor. Rates vary. All public street parking around town is free for a maximum of 3 hours.
Check-In: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour time.
- First stop snack includes: fresh bakes banana bread with a delicious lilikoi cream cheese topping as well as fresh fruit.
- Lunch options:
- Sandwich: Turkey/Bacon
- Sandwich: Ham
- Sandwich: Veggie
- Gluten Free Sandwich: Turkey/Bacon
- Gluten Free Sandwich: Ham/Cheese
- Gluten FreeSandwich: Veggie
- Wrap: Chicken Caesar
- Wrap: Veggie/Cheddar
- Wrap: Turkey/Bacon
- Local Special: Ahi Poke Bowl with Rice
Our chef-prepared lunch comes individually boxed with your selection along with chips and cookies. You are welcome to BYOB after snorkeling activities(no glass, please!) or you can pick up a free restaurant coupon at our booth and hit the bar while finding your land legs.