UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (Seasonal: April 16 – November 30)
- Tour Time: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 6 Hours
Take a ride on Kainalu (The Ocean Wave), across the ‘Au’Au Channel to the island of Lanai.
Home to Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins, miles of sea cliffs, inaccessible coastlines with sea caves, ancient Hawaiian burial sites, King Kamehameha The Great’s favorite fishing grounds, and many of Hawaii’s best coral reefs.
Each trip is unique and where we will snorkel fringing reefs with sea turtles, seamounts teaming with fish, & secluded coves all to ourselves, our destinations depend on the wind, swell, and sea conditions.
For the most personalized snorkeling experience, we carry onboard Cressi Dive Frameless Masks with dry snorkels and Adjustable Long Blade Fins. We also have extensions poles for your go-pro cameras all you have to do is ask!
In an effort to keep plastic out of our oceans, we provide a 5-gallon jug of ice-cold water for you to refill your reusable water bottles or use the provided paper cups. We also provide free all-natural, reef-safe sunscreen for your use while onboard!
First-time snorkeler? No worries! Our crew is happy to give you an introduction course.
Haven’t snorkeled in a long time or a little nervous? No worries! We have floatation gear for everyone and will take the time to give you a little refresher to help you enjoy the experience.
On the surface, keep an eye out for Humpback Whales and Dolphins. There is a great possibility of seeing dolphins. 95% of the time, we see at least 1 of 3 types of Hawaiian dolphins. Under the surface, keep an eye out for Turtles, Tropical Reef Fish, and a variety of corals.
We stop at 2-3 snorkel sites and serve a deli-style “design your own” sandwich station is provided along with fresh-cut fruit, veggies, cookies, and non-alcoholic beverages before heading back to Lahaina.
- Onboard Restroom
- In water Guide
- Freshwater Shower
- Easy Ocean Access
- Adjustable Gear
- Lunch & Drinks
- Ice Cold Water
- Cushioned Seats
- 50/50 Shaded
- Flotation Devices
- A towel
- A light jacket
- Sun-protective clothing such as rash guard or wetsuit top,
- Reusable water bottle, and your camera.
- We recommend wearing your swimwear, but if you decide not to- don’t forget it! We have lots of dry storage onboard, so feel free to bring your bag of tricks with you.
- If you require a prescription mask, we recommend stopping by a snorkel store to pick up a rental prior to coming on the trip.
- You are welcome to bring your own bottle after snorkeling activities (no glass, please!)
- This trip is not always suitable for pregnant women, persons with back or neck injuries, persons with recent surgeries, persons with limited physical abilities, or children under the age of 5.
- Our captain’s first priority is your safety and comfort. If deemed unsafe by our captains, we offer rescheduling or full refund options.
Location: Makai Adventure, Lahaina Harbor
Address: Harbor Slip #16, 675 Wharf St, Lahaina, HI 96761
We recommend parking in any of the paid parking lots located in Lahaina. These can be found on Luakini Street, Dickenson Street, Lahainaluna Street, and across the street from the harbor. Rates vary. All public street parking around town is free for a maximum of 3 hours.
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your tour time.
A choice between:
- Deli Sandwich Buffet:
A variety of meats, cheese, bread, along with all the fixings on the side so each person can build their sandwich just how they like it. Vegetarian options include veggie sandwiches or tuna. Sides of Tuna Salad, Pasta Salad, and platters of fresh-cut fruits and veggies as well as cookies are also provided.
- Gluten-Free Salad:
This is a 100% Gluten-Free Salad complete with a Gluten-Free vinaigrette dressing.