UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 6:30 AM
- Duration: 5 Hours
One of the most unique places you can snorkel on Maui is actually off Maui, on Lana’i! Just 8.8 miles across the channel is the Pineapple Isle – Maui’s closest neighbor island. Now home to two opulent resorts with their own golf courses, Lana’i used to be agricultural land for the world’s largest pineapple plantation. Long before that, it was one of the banishment sites for Maui’s lawbreakers. (The other island used for that purpose was Kaho’olawe.) Today, the Quicksilver catamaran’s Lanai snorkeling tour gives you the chance to visit this incredible place.
The nearshore waters of this island are home to sheer cliffs, craggy rocks, and coral reefs full of colorful marine life. A large pod of spinner dolphins lives offshore and spends a considerable amount of time in the channel. It is very common for our guests to witness these incredible marine mammals diving, leaping, and swimming powerfully alongside the boat! Because the island is not as developed as Maui, Oahu, or Kauai, and the human population is small, the corals and other reef life have more space and time to thrive. You will love exploring the snorkel sites here. Whether you get the chance to see the wide-ranging coral reef of Manele Bay, or the unique reef life surrounding Shark Fin Rock, this Lanai snorkeling tour will leave you with lasting marine life memories.
You’ll board Quicksilver at the world-renowned Lahaina Harbor in the morning, when the seas and breeze are usually calm. While sitting on either of our two decks in comfort on the west shore of Maui, if you squint and look across the Maui Nui Basin, you can almost see Manele Bay on the south shore of Lanai. Shark Fin Rock, on the other hand, is not at all visible until your double-decked vessel rounds the west coast of the island, and brings you past even more amazing landforms. Some, like Sweetheart Rock, come to us steeped in Hawaiian legend. Quicksilver’s engaging captain and crew – always full of aloha – will bring these ancient tales to life as they narrate your time at sea.
This family-friendly Lanai snorkeling tour is sure to satisfy everyone, from first-timers to those more experienced with the thrilling sport. All snorkel gear, flotation devices, and snorkel instruction is included on Quicksilver. You can rent wetsuits and underwater cameras! There is also an exciting water slide, a freshwater shower to rinse off the salt, and even a glass-bottom viewing area so you can see underwater while staying dry!
You’ll enjoy a filling breakfast spread, you have a choice of a tasty Roast Beef, Ham, or Chicken Croissant Deli Sandwich, Soda for lunch, and all kinds of drinks during your half-day excursion. If you have a dietary restriction (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.) this must be noted and specific dietary restricted lunch requested at the time of booking. Feel free to enjoy adult beverages once your water time is through; the crew is watching out for you both in and out of the ocean, and one thing’s for sure: alcohol and snorkeling don’t mix safely. And in case you’re wondering, two onboard restrooms are available for your convenience.
We’d be delighted to host you and your family on the Quicksilver and guide your exploration of Lanai’s remote underwater world.
Are you ready for this epic Lanai snorkeling tour? Awesome! Let’s go!
**All Snorkel Spots Are Determined Daily Weather Permitting. Please Understand and Respect Captain’s Decision on Snorkel Locations – In Your Best Interest.
***Dolphin Guarantee: Go again free on the next space available trip within 30 days of your most recent trip. $25 food fee applies to paid adults and children.
**Food not included for free kids. Must purchase child’s ticket to include food.
- High-quality snorkel equipment
- Breakfast, Deli Lunch, Ice Water/ Chilled Soda/ Hot Tea.
- A friendly, well-trained crew
- Comfortable, intimate, and covered passenger seating spread throughout two separate decks, with tables for almost every seat
- Stable, fast catamaran with wave-piercing hulls
- Underwater digital cameras for rent and onboard photographer
- Glass bottom windows
- Water slide
- Freshwater showers
- Flotation devices
- 2 restrooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Location: Lahaina Harbor, Main Loading Dock.
Address: 675 Wharf St, Lahaina, HI 96761,
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/bJ8y2pPzfHTqd2GRA
Check-in: Please check-in 30 minutes prior to your tour time at the Main Loading Dock.
Look for the “Quicksilver Charters Check-in” A-frame sign and the blue Quicksilver shirt crew.
Parking: There are several parking lots in Lahaina and 3 that we recommend. Please see the parking map in the photos.
- Guests need to fill out the Liability Waiver before checking in, or check-in may be delayed.
- Alcoholic drinks are available for purchase for $3.00/drink.
- Assorted Tropical Mixed Fruit which may include pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon.
- Assorted Muffins usually consist of blueberry, poppyseed, and chocolate muffins.
- Assorted Pastries.
Your choice of:
- Roasted Pulled Pork Sandwich w/ BBQ Sauce
- Croissant deli sandwich which may include Roast Beef, Ham, or Chicken.
- Quinoa Salad (vegetarian option)*
- Assorted Chips
- Large delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Juices – Passion, Orange, Guava Juice, pineapple, orange, cranberry, and lemonade.
- Soft Drinks – Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, ginger ale.
- Hilo Brewery beer – Humpback Lager, Red Ale & Tsunami IPA.
- Alcoholic Beverages – We carry rum, light rum, vodka, tequila, and whiskey. The tropical favorite Mai Tai is our #1 request. Rum and coke, screwdrivers, and special requests are also available.
- Hot Coffee/Tea
*Dietary Restrictions: Vegetarian & Gluten-Free meals can be made available only upon request when booking reservations.