Explore the islands of Lāna‘i, Kaho‘olawe, Maui, and Moloka‘i from above on the only helicopter tour of “Greater Maui” with Paradise Helicopters. Over one million years ago, Maui Nui (“Greater Maui”) was a single island forty percent larger than present- day Hawai‘i Island. Over time, natural forces drew Maui Nui lower into the Pacific, and its saddles fell below sea-level to form separate islands.
Launching from Lāna‘i, you will discover all four of the major islands that comprise Maui Nui. First, head east past Kaho‘olawe, with its unique history as a bombing range for the US Army during WWII, to the southern flank of East Maui. View the slopes of Haleakalā and the road to Hāna without spending hours in a rental car, and make your way past the world-famous surf break at Pe‘ahi – Jaws – as you come upon West Maui and its white beaches and transition over the Pailolo channel to Moloka‘i.
Millennia of erosion have chiseled the windward sides of both Maui and Moloka‘i deep with valleys. In fact, the seacliffs on the northern side of Moloka‘i are the
tallest in the world, an absolutely stunning sight to hover amidst, rife with waterfalls and lush tropical forests. After crossing by the historical town of Kalaupapa, check out northern and eastern Lānai – including Kānepu‘u dryland forest preserve, Keahiakawelo (the “Garden of the Gods”), Polihua, and long, sandy beaches – as you finish the circuit.
- World’s Tallest Sea Cliffs (almost 4000’ above the Pacific!)
- Hawai‘i’s-only Maui Nui 4-Island Tour
- Dramatic Waterfalls
- Pristine Cascading Pools
- Lush Rainforests
- White Sand Beaches
- Inaccessible Mountains
- Lāna‘i’s Beautiful Northeastern Coastline
- Approx. 1 hours and 25 minutes* total air tour flight time in a Bell 407 helicopter
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
- Availability: Monday and Thursday
- Tour Times: Mid-Morning or Early Afternoon
- Duration: 2 hour 15 minutes (including check-in)
Location: Lāna‘i Airport
Address: Lanai Airport Rd, Lanai City, HI 96763
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/vkR5531H9wcgQNLdA
Please arrive 1 hour prior to your tour time.