- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Hiking & Climbing
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Helicopter Tours
- Hiking & Climbing
DEPARTS: KONA / DURATION: 8 HOURS / AVAILABILITY: DAILY
Join our Discover Paradise Heli-TREK adventure to soak in the island’s incredible views and get your boots on the ground to explore private waterfalls! This adventure departs from the Kona International Airport in an executive style Bell 407 helicopter. En route to the Volcano area, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and skirt three of Hawai‘i’s towering volcanoes: Hualālai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Upon arrival to Kīlauea in Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, your pilot will search out the day’s activity with the hopes of seeing red hot lava. Then, you will venture deep into uninhabited valleys that showcase Hawai‘i’s wild, untamed beauty.
Water cascades down soaring sheer valley walls, and surf pounds rocky cliffs and secluded beaches.
After navigating the island by air, land in historic North Kohala, where your Hawaii Forest & Trail interpretive guide meets you and takes you behind locked gates, over charming foot bridges, and past historic taro terraces to private waterfalls. Your guide will tell you the rich history of the Kohala District, where Kamehameha I was born, while you enjoy a relaxed trail walk through a lush, tropical forest. You’ll even have the opportunity to fulfill your dream of swimming in a waterfall, before strolling through Hāwī, a quaint plantation village now home to galleries and artists. This is the perfect adventure for guests looking for the best of Old Hawai‘i.
- See active volcanoes
- Fly over the Kona coffee district
- Deep valleys & waterfalls
DEPARTURE TIME & LOCATION
- Departure: Early Morning
- Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
INCLUDED IN THIS ADVENTURE
- Approx. 1.5 hours* total air tour flight time in Bell 407 helicopter
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Narrated Easy to Moderate 2-mile hike with several short climbs
- Ground transportation available to and from the Kona Airport between Keauhou and North Kohala
- Walking staffs, rain gear, warm wear, towel, and daypacks
- Deli style lunch with assorted beverages
- Please make reservations no less than 48 hrs in advance to confirm tour availability
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs
- Children under 3 years old must be carried in a backpack carrier for ground portion
- For more ground tour details go to http://www.hawaii-forest.com/index.php/tours/kohala_ waterfalls
- Tour length subject to change
- Paid parking
- Approx. 8 hours, including check-in
* total flight time typically varies from 1.2 – 1.6 hours
- Moderate: Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs.
PLEASE ARRIVE 1 HOUR PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED TOUR FOR BRIEFING