- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Hiking & Climbing
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Hiking & Climbing
DEPARTS: KONA / DURATION: 8 HOURS / AVAILABILITY: DAILY
Join our Paradise Waterfall Heli-Trek adventure to soak in the island’s incredible views, and get your boots on the ground to explore private waterfalls! This adventure departs from the Kona International Airport in an executive style Bell 407 helicopter. En route to the Volcano area, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and skirt three of Hawai‘i’s towering volcanoes: Hualālai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Upon arrival over Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, your pilot will take you to view what was the world’s most active volcano, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. Then, you will venture deep into uninhabited valleys that showcase Hawai‘i’s wild, untamed beauty. Water cascades down soaring sheer valley walls, and surf pounds rocky cliffs and secluded beaches.
After navigating the island by air, land in historic North Kohala, where your Hawaii Forest & Trail interpretive guide meets you and takes you behind locked gates, over charming foot bridges, and past historic taro terraces to private waterfalls. Your guide will tell you the rich history of the Kohala District, where Kamehameha I was born, while you enjoy a relaxed trail walk through a lush, tropical forest. You’ll even have the opportunity to fulfill your dream of swimming in a waterfall, before strolling through Hāwī, a quaint plantation village now home to galleries and artists. This is the perfect adventure for guests looking for the best of Old Hawai‘i.
- See active volcanoes
- Fly over the Kona coffee district
- Deep valleys & waterfalls
- Narrated Easy to Moderate 2-mile hike with several short climbs
- Ground transportation available to and from the Kona Airport between Keauhou and North Kohala
- Walking staffs, rain gear, warm wear, towel, and daypacks
- Deli style lunch with assorted beverages
- Please make reservations no less than 48 hrs in advance to confirm tour availability
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Morning
- Duration: 8 Hours
* total flight time typically varies from 1.2 – 1.6 hours
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs
- Children under 3 years old must be carried in a backpack carrier for ground portion
- Tour length subject to change
- Moderate: Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs.
- For passengers above 265 lbs., fees are charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests between 265 lbs – 300 lbs (when weighed at check-in), will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 or $100 on our Bell 407. They will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests weighing over 300 lbs are required to purchase a second, cabin comfort & safety seat at a discounted price. They will be guaranteed a window seat. Accurate weights at the time of booking are essential to ensure comfort and safety of all guests. If a passenger is unable to fly due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
Address: 73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CpPMk2b9Xpa4iKvZ7
Please arrive 1 hour prior to your tour time.