- Big Island Hiking & Climbing
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Volcanoes National Park
The most in-depth volcano experience on the Island of Hawaii is back! Your National Park Certified Guide will share a mix of natural and cultural history about the island’s formation, illuminating the stories behind the ever-changing landscape of our island home.
- On this in-depth park experience, your interpretive guide will illuminate the historic events that recently changed the landscape of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park forever.
- Enjoy 2-3 miles of hiking around the park’s most dynamic terrain
- Drive off-road to a private lava tube known for its bright yellow and gold microbial mats living on and accenting the cave walls. This lava tube is only accessible to Hawaii Forest & Trail guests
- Enjoy late afternoon pupu (appetizers) on the farm surrounding our exclusive lava tube.
- Breakfast snacks, beverages, lunch, afternoon appetizers, National Park entrance fees, water.
- Available Days: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Tour Times: 6:50am
- Duration: 12 Hours
Trips depart daily from Kona, with pickups in Waikoloa. Tour time is approximately 12 hours round trip.
What to Bring & Wear:
- Comfortable walking shoes, long pants, and a light jacket.
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain.
- We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions.
- Other tour restrictions may apply.
- Rated: Easy to Moderate
Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters
Address: 73-5593 Olowalu St A, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/kqX3JRXRHnM2
Please check in 15 minutes prior to your tour start time.
Pick up available in the Kona & Hilo areas. See pick up tab for more details.
- Holua Resort at the Mauna Loa Village (5:55am)
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa (5:55am)
- Kona Coast Resort (6:00am)
- Kona Bali Kai (6:05am)
- Kona by the Sea (6:10am)
- Royal Sea Cliff (6:10am)
- Kona Hawaiian Resort-Wyndham (6:15am)
- WorldMark, The Club – Kona (6:15am)
- Kona Hawaiian Village (6:15am)
- Royal Kona Resort (6:20am)
- King Kamehameha Courtyard Marriott (6:25am)
- Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters (6:50am)
- Kukio Golf & Beach Club (7:05am)
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (7:10am)
- Hilton Wailkoloa Village (7:20am)
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (7:25am)
- Queens’ Market Place (7:30am)
- Shops at Mauna Lani (7:40am)
- Fairmont Orchid (7:40am)
- Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows (7:40am)
- Westin Hapuna Beach Resort (formerly Hapuna Prince) (7:45am)
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel (7:50am)
- Paniolo Greens Resort (8:05am)
- J Hara Store (Parking Lot) (9:45am)