- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: Early Morning
- Duration: 3 Hours 30 Minutes*
* Approx. duration 3.5 hours (includes 30 min check-in time, 1.75 hour flight time, 1-hour ground tour )
See the breathtaking beauty of Hawai‘i Island plus enjoy a very special landing in the Kohala area for total immersion into this historic region of the island on the Kohala Paradise Landing air adventure.
After departing from Kona Airport, you will overfly the Kona coffee district on your way to explore the activity at Kīlauea crater. En route to the Volcano area, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and skirt three of Hawai‘i’s towering volcanoes: Hualālai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. If Pele is willing, you’ll get a peek into the molten heart of Hawai‘i in the form of hot lava. Then, turn your attention north to Hilo town and the lush rainforests of East Hawai‘i. Notice how the windward side of the island is transformed by the water caught by the mountains.
Then, unlike any other air adventure on the Big Island, Paradise will take you deep into Kohala. Walk the same fertile valleys that King Kamehameha I did as a child. Learn about the culture and the diverse natural habitat. Normally only accessible by hours of hiking you are treated to the untouched purity of this serene location that most people can never see. After exploring on the ground, take to the air again, to view the drastic landscape change from windward to leeward and the world-famous white sand beaches and resorts of Waikoloa en route to back to Kona.
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Amazing white and black sand beaches
- Hundreds of waterfalls
- 2,000′ valley walls
- Breathtaking coastlines
- 10 different climate zones!
- Air tour flown in our Bell 407 helicopter (seats up to 6 guests)
- Two-way communication between you, your pilot, and your group
- Approx. 1 hour on the ground with easy walks
- Paid parking
Easy: Suitable for adults, children and seniors.
- Guests should not go SCUBA diving less than 24 hours before their flight departure time.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
- Children must be at least 12 years old to sit next to an open door while aircraft is in flight.
- For passengers above 265 lbs., fees are charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests between 265 lbs – 300 lbs (when weighed at check-in), will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 or $100 on our Bell 407. They will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests weighing over 300 lbs are required to purchase a second, cabin comfort & safety seat at a discounted price. They will be guaranteed a window seat. Accurate weights at the time of booking are essential to ensure comfort and safety of all guests. If a passenger is unable to fly due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Picture ID matching the credit card used for the purchase will be confirmed at check-in.
- We will not cancel a flight due to the weather unless it is unsafe to fly. Weather can change quickly so our pilots are checking weather continuously for safety and visibility concerns, and any decision to cancel due to weather is not made until right before a flight departs. We will fly if it is raining, but not if the visibility is poor.
- Cancellation Policy is 48 hours prior to your tour time.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
Address: 73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CpPMk2b9Xpa4iKvZ7
Parking: Self-Pay parking at Kona Airport.
Check-in: Please arrive at our Kona base at the Kona Airport 1 hour prior to your tour departure time.
Our Kona base is located in the commuter terminal area of the airport by Mokulele.