- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Hiking & Climbing
- Island Tours in Big Island
Paradise Helicopters’ Volcano by Air & Land tour allows you to explore the Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park area in flight and on foot – including sinking your toes into a beautiful black sand beach and exploring a private lava tube. This adventure departs from the Kona International Airport in an executive style Bell 407 helicopter. En route to the Volcano area, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and skirt three of Hawai‘i’s towering volcanoes: Hualālai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Upon arrival to the volcano area, your pilot will take you to view what was the world’s most active volcano, and continue towards the crater that was previously Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō Vent. After the first part of your air experience, you will land in Hilo and meet your expert Hawaii Forest & Trail interpretive guide. Travel through the remote and rugged landscape of Kau– home to historic farms, ranches, and famous black sand beaches. Discover how the powerful forces of nature have shaped the people and landscape of this dynamic region, Hawaii’s largest land district. The perfect blend of nature and culture led by an expert interpretive guide, this tour reveals what it’s like to live on two active volcanoes.
- Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach as you search for basking sea turtles.
- Discover the all the “must see” spots within the Park including the dramatically changed Halemaumau Crater.
- Drive off-road to a private lava tube known for its bright yellow and gold microbial mats living on and accenting the cave walls.
- Immerse yourself in stories of Hawaiian legends and mythology with a focus on Pele Hawaiian goddess of fire lightning, wind, & volcanoes
A picnic lunch is served during your adventure before you return to the Hilo Airport to take to the sky again. Back in the air, you’ll take the leisurely route to Kona along the eastern and northern coasts. You will venture deep into uninhabited valleys that showcase Hawai‘i’s wild, untamed beauty. Water cascades down sheer valley walls, and surf pounds rocky cliffs and unreachable beaches. Finally, watch the landscape shift again, as you fly over Pololū Valley, south to Kawaihae and over beautiful white and black sand beaches to make your way down the coastline and return to the Kona Airport in time to enjoy one of Hawai‘i’s famed sunsets.
- Hualālai, Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa & Kilauea Volcanoes by Air
- Experience a Black Sand Beach
- Native Hawaiian Rainforest Stroll
- Explore a private lava tube
- Ground transportation available to and from the Kona Airport between Keauhou and North Kohala
- Short walks under 2 miles – rated easy to moderate. Can be foggy and misty
- Ground transportation to and from Hilo airport
- Includes: all access fees, deli lunch, waters, assorted beverages, chips, sweet treat, and use of walking staffs, rain gear, warm wear, daypacks
- Please make reservations no less than 48 hrs in advance to confirm tour availability
- Availability: Daily
- Tour times: Early Morning
- Duration: 10 hours, including check-in (total flight time typically varies from 1.7 – 2.1 hours)
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs
- Dress Code: closed-to shoes, wear or bring long pants, and a light jacket
- Tour length subject to change
- Moderate: Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and short climbs.
- For passengers above 265 lbs., fees are charged during check out or at check-in. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests between 265 lbs – 300 lbs (when weighed at check-in), will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 or $100 on our Bell 407. They will be guaranteed a window seat. All guests weighing over 300 lbs are required to purchase a second, cabin comfort & safety seat at a discounted price. They will be guaranteed a window seat. Accurate weights at the time of booking are essential to ensure comfort and safety of all guests. If a passenger is unable to fly due to an inaccurate weight provided at the time of booking, no refund will be made. By maintaining proper weight and balance in our aircraft we can provide guests with a safe, smooth and comfortable Experience on Paradise Helicopters.
- Children under the age of two (2) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children under two (2). Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
Location: Paradise Helicopters, Kona Airport
Address: 73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CpPMk2b9Xpa4iKvZ7
Please arrive 1 hour prior to your tour time.